Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo baby cannot add device

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Megan617
Aspirant
Aspirant

I‘ve had the arlo baby for three years. We recently got a new wifi router with new SSID and password. I could not figure out how to change the wifi network on the arlo app despite checking FAQs, so I removed the device. But now I can’t add the device back on! I go through the process, get the QR code chime, but then it spins for 2 minutes and can’t find the device. I’ve tried factory reset, power cycling a million times, double checking I’m on the same wifi network on my phone, and even moving right next to the router. Nothing works! I’ve had to have gone through the process 20 times by now. Any advice? Arlo support won’t help me cause I’m not a subscriber. I’ve checked similar threads but they don’t have any solutions. Hoping someone has figured it out by now 😭

3 REPLIES 3
Megan617
Aspirant
Aspirant

It suddenly worked! I did the factory reset a couple more times, then tried the add device process two more times and it finally worked on the second try! I noticed after a proper factory reset, the light on the camera behaved differently. Originally it would do the solid amber boot up, and then just turn off. After the factory reset (that took), then I got blinking blue light followed by solid blue light after I did the sync button. So I think factory reset is the way to go. If it still isn’t working try the reset a couple more times!

Dannybear
Master
Master

With the camera so old, the reset button could be dodgy.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Just in case.... a RESET requires holding in the button for ten secs or more till the LED flashes amber

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation