Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Alexsletters
Tutor
Tutor
I have the arlo app that I use on a iPhone SE, that I have open all night to hear my baby when he cries. Up until about 6 weeks ago this worked fine, but now every night the app regularly just closes so that i don’t hear my son when he cries. When I go to open the app again it connects again no problem. It is not a Wi-Fi problem as Wi-Fi signal is fine on all other devices in the location is an using it. It is not a device problem as the same thing happens when I use my iphonex. I have reset the arlo, I have removed the arlo baby from the app, deleted and reinstalled, ensured all devices have the latest update and reset my router. It is very frustrating and if I can not get a monitor that consistently stays on over night I will have to change.
9 REPLIES 9
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Wasn’t the iOS software updated about that time?

what iOS version? 14.5 came out 26 April … maybe iOS change causing issue

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Alexsletters
Tutor
Tutor
Yes, the iOS update was around the time it started. Anyone got any fixes for it? Or know when the next iOS update is coming out that will hopefully righten the problem?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Alexsletters

Can you please install the latest version of iOS (14.6) and test again? 

Thank you

Alexsletters
Tutor
Tutor
Updating to the latest version of IOS did not help this problem…
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Is the Arlo app crashing or is the local live stream ending?

Alexsletters
Tutor
Tutor
I am not sure- when I press the Home Screen of the phone, arlo app reopens and connects automatically, so maybe the live stream? Any idea on what I can do to stop this? I used to be able to just have the app open all night and it would keep on streaming?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Does the local live stream (Home) icon appear in the top left corner when you initiate the live stream? Do you happen to be using.a mesh wifi system?

Alexsletters
Tutor
Tutor
Yes, the red live stream icon is there. No, not a mesh system, just a regular router
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation