Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
jaffro2k
Tutor
Tutor

Hi All,

We are having a very strange issue where the Arlo Secure app on my phone shows live stream fine - but my wifes phone using the same app has a very long delay. 

Even stranger is that the push notification comes through straight away but the video updates are taking 1-2 minutes - and even then they are choppy and the video is super laggy.

We have tried removing the device from both of our accounts and re-adding, rebooting the camera, rebooting our home network, updating our iphones (both on the latest Apple IOS).  I have also factory reset the Baby Arlo.

Even if I don't connect - my wifes is still horrible.

Does anyone know or have seen this issue before?

Have tried troubleshooting many hours now but no such luck.  We have had issues with this camera before but not this one!

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Same iOS, but are the phones different?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
jaffro2k
Tutor
Tutor

Yes - my phone is an iPhone X (pretty old now) - which is working fine. 

My wifes is an iPhone 14 Pro (latest) - the one with the issue with the app / stream.

The issue seems to be with other users as my account is the primary - was planning on potentially re-setting everything so my wife is primary to see if I then had the issue as a shared / secondary user.  But its a bit of effort to go back through the process.

Any other ideas?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The 14 has had a few issues pop up and well as the newest version of iOS  ( 16.3.x IIRC )

I also see my Q camera ( similar to Baby ) lag a bit with some buffering ( dots on screen ) now and then.

If possible and you have a camera that hooks directly into wifi,  I'd try and just remove ONE camera from the main account and move it to her account ( as primary )... see what happens.

Morse is faster than texting!
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation