Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
vandenhoevel
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo Babcam disconnects and randomly reconnects to the WIFI while being powered on. This is a security issue as you never know when and if the Arlo Babycam is turned on. Several re-installations, re-connection to WIFI, setups, etc. didn't help.

This is very frustrating! 

Furthermore, the app closes randomly and the iPad is locked then secretly. The separate monitor hasn't been offered as per the website suggestion which is why we need to use the iPad.

As a warning before you buy.

9 REPLIES 9
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The behavior your seeing is not normal... Been running a Baby for almost 2 yrs now with out these issues and an older Ipad G2 / ios 9.3.5.

I would do a check of the wifi system OR maybe an issue with the unit itself... ( I usu leave on the led indicator ( blue ) and can easily see if its on or off line )

As to the montior, Netgear did offer coupons for a discount for a Kindle HD8 which works just fine with the Baby.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
vandenhoevel
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, Tom.

I'm using the Arlo Babycam with the Netgear Orbi mesh WIFI which shouldn't create a problem. My Fing device shows the outages right here (see attachment). WIFI is generally stable.

It's a relatively new iPad (1 year) with up to date iOS.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

vandenhoevel,

It sounds like there could be an interference or signal strength issue. Consider relocating (temporarily just as a test) your Arlo Baby Camera to a different location, close to your router to see if you still experience the same behavior.

JamesC

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

@vandenhoevel wrote:

Thanks, Tom.

I'm using the Arlo Babycam with the Netgear Orbi mesh WIFI which shouldn't create a problem. My Fing device shows the outages right here (see attachment). WIFI is generally stable.

It's a relatively new iPad (1 year) with up to date iOS.

Running mine on an Orbi also... my Baby hooks into the Sat on the 5ghz side.  What version of FW are you running?

Morse is faster than texting!
vandenhoevel
Aspirant
Aspirant
With FW ylou mean Firewall? No particular firewall. Internet router is a fritzbox cable.
timbearden
Star
Star

Once again my Arlo is acting up.  It has been disconnecting the last 48 hours.  Often it results in a frozen image.  I look at it thinking that my child is sleeping, but then I walked in the other room and he was sitting up screaming his head off.  I received a private message that I would get a refund, but no one has ever followed up.  I've responded but no answer.  Please someone follow up.  I'm sure mine is one of the few that doesn't work properly, but I've been complaining for 6 months.  Do something Netgear.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@vandenhoevel wrote:
With FW ylou mean Firewall? No particular firewall. Internet router is a fritzbox cable.

FW + firmware. Make sure your Orbi (and everything else, including Arlo) is up to date.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

timbearden,

Do you have a support case open that I can reference? I'd like to take a closer look at your case and offer assistance. Could you send me a private message with your support case information and email address you use to log in to your Arlo account.

JamesC

timbearden
Star
Star

I went ahead and sent you the case number you already have in a private message.  It's the case number you gave me before.  You said you would escalate things to a lvl 3 agent, who I have responded to.  I have it in my personal messages, and my e-mails.  This is one of the messages I received from you and I quote:

"I've reviewed and escalated your support case on this topic. Please refer to your open support case 29968179 for additional inquiries.   JamesC"

Later I spoke by e-mail about getting a refund, who I'm not sure if it was you or someone else.  This is the response:

"Hello Timothy.

I'm sorry you continue to have problems with the BabyCam. I'll refer your case to the Customer Care Team for refund, as I certainly understand your frustration.

I appreciate your support of Netgear products, and I hope you'll consider us in the future."

That was two months ago and nothing since.  My original conplaint was in the beginning of March after it not working properly for about two weeks.  I'm glad everyone elses camera is working properly, but mine unfortunately is not.  

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation