Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jme17
Tutor
Tutor

My arlobaby says there is a camera firmware update but when I click update it does nothing! I’ve restarted, factory reset, etc and nothing changes. This camera is absolutely useless right now and incredibly frustrating that I can’t monitor my baby.

5 REPLIES 5
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @jme17,

Have you tried updating the firmware manually through both the web version on your computer and the app version on your device? Make sure that your Arlo Baby is close to the router and has good connectivity.

jme17
Tutor
Tutor
Yes I’ve tried iPhone, iPad, my android, and computer. When doing it on the computer it says the battery is too low to update. I plugged it in and same thing. I left it plugged in for over 24 hours and same thing. The battery is fully charged and it still says battery is too low to update.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Try to power cycle your Arlo Baby and see if that works. You can read here how to do a power cycle: How do I power cycle my Arlo Baby camera?

If you are still having problems, contact our Arlo Support Team so they can look into this further for you. Click here to contact them.

jme17
Tutor
Tutor
So now the message to update firmware isn’t showing up but the cameras not connecting. I went through the set up where you scan the qr code but on the screen with the camera picture is just says connecting with the spinning wheel
jme17
Tutor
Tutor
Actually never mind, the message is back.
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation