Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Baby stuck on solid amber light

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
FarhaanRana
Follower
Follower

I have been using Arlo Baby for 2 years now and had no issues with it. Last night it recorded when I put my baby to bed at 7.30pm and that was the last it was online...

I checked this morning and it wasn't working... Keeps showing a solid amber light.

Tried rebooting, factory resetting for 10s, 20s, 30s even 60s and nothing.

Kept it on battery mode to try the same, nothing. let it drain and put it on power again and repeated it all again... Nothing... Still stuck on a solid amber light... Can anyone assist as Arlo support says that I am not entitled to anything as I am not a premium member...

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

There have been a number of Arlo baby cams doing the amber light and not functioning...

Unknown if it is to issues from power , surges, just plain going bad.

If a reset from the reset button ( held for 10 secs till led flashes ) does not work, there may not be much more to do.

https://kb.arlo.com/1282685/How-do-I-reset-Arlo-Baby-to-factory-default-settings

Sorry to say but the warranty is only a year and if you have no subscription, then live help is not an option either.

But , all questions will be attempted to be answered by other users like myself.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TomMac wrote:

Sorry to say but the warranty is only a year and if you have no subscription, then live help is not an option either.

True, but you can game the system a bit by subscribing, and then cancelling when the problem is resolved.

However, if the warranty is up, Arlo support won't do an RMA.  So they likely will just give you the same advice you'd get here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation