Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 26 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
choctop
Follower
Follower

Hi all,

my Arlo baby has been stuck on the solid amber light for a few days now. I've tried

- factory reset, and various variations of it including turning on while holding the reset button, holding the reset button for up to 5 mins, etc

- power cycle, including draining the battery and leaving it overnight

- combination of holding down various buttons like sync and reset simultaneously

Alro support has been lacking, all they said is because I am currently in the UAE, I have no options but have gained a cool looking paperweight.

Is there no way to unbrick (for lack of a better term) the Arlo baby's via USB? kind of like how you would unbrick a router? Ive only got a few more months before our baby out grows the camera, so Im trying not to purchase another if I can help it.

26 REPLIES 26
woodsidewill
Tutor
Tutor

I'm in the same boat.

It worked for 9 months, now it's totally bricked glowing amber, the reset button is unresponsive, tried power cycling and nothing.

How do we resurrect these cameras?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

woodsidewill
Tutor
Tutor
Just FYI, the enhanced reset did not work and the device is still bricked. My case has now gone cold and I'm none the wiser as to how I can activate the warranty considering this is less than a year old.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @woodsidewill

May I have your case number so I can look in to this?

TomSL
Initiate
Initiate

My Arlo Baby worked for approx. 9 months. Now, it is stuck in boot mode (amber light). I created a case, but haven't received a response. I need this to work, and I'm frustrated with the customer service. 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

just some info, no need to drain battery as there is a switch under feet to turn off same.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
woodsidewill
Tutor
Tutor
@ShayneS

woodsidewill
Tutor
Tutor

Some contact would be great, you guys closed my other case without resolving and are not making it easy to obtain a replacement for my paperweight.

Also, curiously wont let me post the steps on how to hard reset for others to see. Why is that? 

arpasquill
Aspirant
Aspirant

It looks like we have the exact same problem and sadly Arlo have failed to offer a solution except tell me that it's a hardware fault.

poor service sadly.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @woodsidewill

I have escalated your case & someone from support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. I have provided your escalations number here: 42236921

woodsidewill
Tutor
Tutor
Still no contact pal, the rest of the world is operating normally-ish what's Arlo's excuse?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @woodsidewillI 

I have escalated your case & someone from support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. I have provided your escalations number here: 42251660

woodsidewill
Tutor
Tutor
Excellent! I always wanted an "escalation number" 🙂
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @woodsidewill

You are welcome.

Nainai
Initiate
Initiate

Any update with the amber light problem?? tried to contact them but the rep seemed to be busy doing something else and disregarded my issues, Im still without a camera and no idea how to fix it.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Nainai

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest any prior methods you have previously performed.

Nainai
Initiate
Initiate

Tried resetting it, on/off, check power and connectivity. I was in line with a agent about to get a replacement, got disconnected and now waiting for a call back. Desperate to fix this, baby won't sleep without this and its almost bed time.

Jptech
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have same issue. we dont use camera that much...

It was working and suddenly stopped working with solid umber light. I reached out to Customer Care and tech have no idea about product... First I spend time explain it is amber(orange) light, not a purple light. The tech asked me connect ethernet cable to network port... Come on … Its wireless. 

Then asked stupid question about internet provider, modem and router models, which devices I have connected with network, network speed, phone and app version stuff... After answering all those tech told me its hardware problem. I am month over my warranty period so they cant replace it and nothing to help to troubleshoot.  It may be software fault, I asked KB article or something, which confirm hardware fault, but no response about that.

only trying to offered me discounted promo code for next purchase....After reading these many issues and issue on my baby cam, I prefer not to buy faulty product ever again. 

arpasquill
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is exactly the problem. Lots of people have the same issue and every discussion seems to be different. Some people have been offered replacement cameras, some have been offered discounts and some (like me) were basically told that it was just bad luck.

So. Arlo - what you are going to do except escalate our concerns?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried to perform a factory reset. You can find the instructions here: How do I reset Arlo Baby to factory default settings?

Jptech
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes I tried couple of times to reset to default setting but nothing helped.
JohnS1988
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue, amber light on and no response from the unit. It is still under warranty and I've tried multiple times to speak to someone on the phone via the Irish support number (1800 949 252) but have never even got to speak to a person on the other end. I either get an automated response saying "Arlo have a technical problem and can't take my call right now" and disconnects or I'm on hold for hours whereby it gives an option to press 1 and enter a call back number and I've never received a call back. I've also tried the chat function on the Support page of the Arlo site and despite the fact that I'm on the EU site all I get through to is the US and Asia Pacific chat who can't help me and give me the same number to call. It's the worst customer service I've ever experienced. Coupled with that the Arlo Baby is completely useless as a baby monitor. It's not reliable and there's often long delays on the feed which is far from safe for a baby monitor. I've had to give up on it for its intended purpose and purchased a Motorola baby monitor which came with a dedicated monitor and also offers the option to view over a wireless data connection remotely. There's no delay with this unit and it definitively proves the Arlo Baby is rubbish. Can someone from Arlo please give me an email or phone contact that I can actually contact!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Jptech

May I ask for your case number so I can review this? 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @JohnS1988

It appears you have an active case open: 42275565. Please let me know if you need any assistance regarding this case. 

Discussion stats
  • 26 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation