Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 11 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
brlale
Initiate
Initiate

Arlo baby has been stuck in solid amber light/booting mode since last night.

I have tried to power cycle it. As soon as it gets power the light goes solid amber and does not ever change.

I have tried to factory reset it, both before and after the power cycling. Literally nothing happens. I can hold the reset button down with a paperclip for over a minute, but the light just stays amber. (I even tried running out the battery entirely though that shouldn't make a difference. Still nothing.)

Sync button likewise does nothing.

I have been waiting to be connected in the chat for going on 25 minutes with no one available to chat with me. 

18 REPLIES 18
brlale
Initiate
Initiate

Update: Still on hold with chat an hour and a half later, I called the phone number, whereupon explaining what was happening I was told, "Well, it sounds like you have a defective product."

Gee, thanks. 

But since I purchased it over a year ago, no support, not even a coupon, though frankly this level of customer support makes it easy to not buy any of these products again. I had been so happy with the camera despite occasional app hiccups that I had narrowed down my choice of security system to arlo or one other competitor. Looks like arlo made that choice for me with this "support."

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi brlale,

Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you.

Scottthies
Initiate
Initiate
I’m currently having this same issue. Was the company eventually able to help you solve the problem?
pakamitch
Tutor
Tutor

I'm having a similar issue.  Support could do nothing.  All they did was run me through the processes list in the support section of the website.  

Same as you, they said its defective and im out of warranty.  Such a joke.  Mine is less than two years old.  They did give me a discount code but why would i buy another if i had so many issues. 

Great support arlo! 

emilyfinn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Jessica - I am having the same issue and am not receiving any responses from tech support. Are you able to help. I have tried everything for days and my camera is still stuck on Amber.

Thank you.

emilyfinn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Jessica - I am still awaiting a response I have not been contacted in the past four days. Please feel free to let me know if you can help. I received this camera as a gift and 5 months later it just completely stops working while I have a newborn? Please let me know.

Thank you.

AShield1
Tutor
Tutor
My amber light is solid and have held down the factory reset for 2 minutes with the light still visible. Support is non-existent. Can not get in contact any support. A lot of money for a device that breaks in a year, not a great investment. Better options available. Extremely disappointed.
AShield1
Tutor
Tutor
Help! The Camara stopped working suddenly, with a SOLID AMBER indicator light. I have tried:

1. Power cycled the camera
2. Pushed the Factory Reset button for over a minute
3. Pushed the sync button for over minute
4. Removed camera from Arlo app and tried to re-add

The solid amber indicator remains lit. I believe an update went out a few days ago that appears to have "bricked" the device, making it effectively dead and unusable.

I'm not sure how other camera companies approach responding to their customers and product failures but I imagine it might be worth a shot to look into other options.

I will update my post if anything changes.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Ashield1,

Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you.

aorellana
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi I have the same issue, the Camara just stopped working, keep a SOLID AMBER indicator light.

Already tried:

1. Power cycled the camera.
2. Pushed the Factory Reset button for over a minute.

The solid amber indicator remains lit and can not find another solution in your support site or the web.

Please need your help to know what I have to do.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi aorellana,

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue if power cycling or resetting does not work. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

domisk
Aspirant
Aspirant
Has somebody found the solution for this issue?
Thank you!
AShield1
Tutor
Tutor
UPDATE:
I promised a follow-up. The Arlo representative that contacted me (JessicaP see above posts) NEVER contacted me to help with this post. Asked for my contact info and ghosted me. Over 8 weeks ago! Wow, great tech support Arlo!

RESOLUTION: I consider myself pretty tech savvy, so if you have this problem, unfortunately your Arlo is likely completely dead. Garbage. Junk. Bricked. Sorry for the bad news. Planned obsolescence at its best.

FINAL OPTION 1: I'd recommend taking your Arlo camera outside to a field, Office Space style, and take some bats to it. At least then you'll relieve some of the stress from spending $200+ on camera with a 1.5 year life. That'll shut the SOLID AMBER LIGHT off for good.

FINAL OPTION 2: Buy a Waze camera instead. Actually buy anything else instead. A rock would do just as good of a job as this camera at this point, paint a glow-in-the-dark SOLID AMBER dot on the rock to get the same effect.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi AShield1,

I've sent you a reply to your private message on Jun 2 (an hour after you responded to my private message) but never heard back from you so I was not able to escalate your case.

I've sent you another private message so I hope to hear back from you via PM.

AShield1
Tutor
Tutor
Hi JessicaP,

Thank you, I've replied to your PM.

I'll update this thread when/if I reach a resolution.
kfcKCHmch2019
Aspirant
Aspirant
Please let me know if a solution has been found. My Arlo Baby cam was working just fine, then I brought it with me on vacation, and it stopped working earlier this week. Now that I'm back home, I still can't get it to work. It won't scan the QR code and connect. 😞
yamy1255
Initiate
Initiate

Same deal here. About 2 years old. Dead, with solid amber light. Reset, power cycle etc. all tried. Seems to be a common issue at this age? Pretty poor for a device this expensive!

Ryan2021
Initiate
Initiate
I am having this issue too. I tried calling, but just gave up after an hour on hold. My Arlo is 2.5 years old.
Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 11 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation