Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Baby sound is very low and cannot detect audio

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
MahdyAlansary
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I have just opened my new Arlo Baby. I was amazed with the features of the monitor. However, I was disappointed when I have checked the audio. The monitor detects audio but it is very very low and it does not create any alerts because loud noises are not being detected.

I tried to hear the audio with my wifi network and cellular connection. Also I used my PC to hear the audio feedback but all of them are very low.

The monitor is updated to the latest firmware 1.9.13.0_815.

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

IIRC, the audio alert does detect crying but needs 10 or so secs of same... does not trigger on small cries.

As to audio, make sure in settings the volume on mic is turn all the way up... I can heard all in the room with mine.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
MahdyAlansary
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello @TomMac,
Thanks for the reply. The real problem is not the alert triggering. The issue I’m having is that I cannot hear anything with the monitor from the baby’s room. I tried to shout or clap really close (about 5cm only) to the camera to hear the feedback from the baby’s room but it is very low and can barely be heard if it is really quite there.
For Audio as you mentioned, how can I increase the volume in mic? I can only see the speaker.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Sorry , not enough coffee yet... I was thinking speaker as you showed.

Other than toggling the mic on and off a couple time and testing, see if it changes anything, got nothing.

If NG, I would think of swapping ( since new ) it for another unit as it may have an issue. ( or warranty, but returning is usu quicker )

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Or try a full Reset of the Baby before returning.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation