Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Baby setup not working. Tried on Android, iPhone, web after factory resetting each time.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been trying to setup our new Arlo Baby monitor. Downloaded the app on my android and couldn't get the monitor to recognize (no chime) the QR code. Used my wife’s iPhone and was able to get it to recognize the QR code but then failed to find the device. Then tried to set it up through the web and was still unable to complete the setup. I've now gone through the process multiple times on those same devices after factory resetting it each time. I've also made sure that I was on the same network (turned off data) with my devices that I was trying to connect it to.

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Aspirant
Aspirant

For anyone who is having the same issue this is how I got it to work.

All of my devices run off the 5G version of my WiFi network at home which I believe is the issue. I used the web version for setup (http://arlo.netgear.com). I logged out of the 5G WiFi and just into the standard WiFi connection of my network on the laptop and then followed the steps and was able to sync the two together.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey 200001,

Make sure when you are attempting a factory reset on your Arlo Baby that you're holding the Reset button for 10 seconds and then release it and try to sync it to your iPhone device again. You can read here to make sure you're resetting the Arlo Baby correctly: How do I reset Arlo Baby to factory default settings?

Aspirant
Aspirant

For anyone who is having the same issue this is how I got it to work.

All of my devices run off the 5G version of my WiFi network at home which I believe is the issue. I used the web version for setup (http://arlo.netgear.com). I logged out of the 5G WiFi and just into the standard WiFi connection of my network on the laptop and then followed the steps and was able to sync the two together.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation