Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Baby receiving “not ready to stream” error when trying to take a picture or record manually

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Mrsbacon
Follower
Follower

When I try to take a picture or manual video lately, I get this orange message at the top. Can anyone explain why it’s saying this please?

6 REPLIES 6
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Mrsbacon,

Have you tried rebooting your iPhone device to see if that helps? Also try reinstalling the Arlo app if you're seeing that error.

elichang
Tutor
Tutor
I am having the same issues. Restarting the phones does not resolve the issue.

We’ve been using Arlo baby since November of last year. Minus some growing pains and issues with software, it’s been pretty stable since earlier this year.

Recently (past week) we’ve been having issues with being able to stream the feed when not on our home network. We’ve previously had no issues using mobile data as well as on different WiFi networks i.e. when at work. Recently when not on the home network the stream shows “connecting” but doesn’t load. Tried on both mobile data and multiple networks.

Also when I’m at home and it’s working on the home network, I’ve noticed when I try to manually capture a photo or video, I get an error stating “this device is not ready to stream”. I’ve been able to resolve the issues by manually unplugging and repluggjng the Arlo, however the issues pop up again soon after.

Has anyone encountered these issues recently? We are all running the latest iOS as well as the latest Arlo app (not using Arlo Legacy). This is driving me crazy and obviously we want to be able to check on our baby.

Many thanks in advance to any help or feedback.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi elichang,

Do you also have this problem with streaming when viewing through the web client on your computer?

Have you also tried power cycling your Arlo Baby to see if that helps? You can read here on how to power cycle your Arlo Baby: How do I power cycle my Arlo Baby camera?

elichang
Tutor
Tutor
Yes I have tried the web client on chrome, safari, and Firefox and receive the “the device failed to connect. Please try again” error.

I have tried power cycling the Arlo baby and it resolves the issue but only for 10-15 minutes before again failing to load on any device that is not on the home network.

This has been occurring for the past week. I have reset the unit, reset my network connection, nothing is resolving the issue permanently. Very frustrated and don’t know why this suddenly started occurring.

Even when able to stream on the home network, the Arlo does not record any videos or images and as stated in my original post, shows a “this device is not ready to stream” error when I try to manually record.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Have you tried doing a factory reset for your Arlo Baby to see if that helps? Otherwise, contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue before attempting to factory reset. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

KHK
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have been experiencing this same issue for the past several days and nothing has worked. I repeated power cycling and even did a hard reset of the device, plus the latest iOS app update.

What is the solution? I’m ready to demand a refund from Amazon and get the Nanit.

For fellow desperate parents reading this: my friends with Nest have no issues. The main difference is that Nest doesn’t play white noise and lullabies, but if you can live without that feature get Nest for just a little more $. If you can splurge, Nanit all the way because they are also adding the music feature soon. Both brands don’t have the ridiculous recording issues and cloud/server outages all the time.

Also, Arlo’s status website is useless, false and not updated frequently. It shows “All Good” on all core features including video recording - but that score was last updated AUG 30. Video recording has failed for me at least 5x since August 30.
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation