Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Baby "we are unable to claim this device" error message

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
GeoJames
Aspirant
Aspirant

My wife recently took the Arlo baby to her parents house and tried to connect it there. She didn't have any luck, and brought it back home, where we can't get it to reconnect. I've gone through almost everything I can think of, deleting and reinstalling the app, factory reset the camera (held the button 10 sec, 30 sec, and 1 min), tried to connect through an unsecure guest network, through a 2.4 ghz network, while the WPS on the router is enabled, always resulting in the same message in an orange bar at the top of my screen "We are unable to claim this device" and directing me to Arlo support, who hasn't been able to help. The weird thing is that the Arlo has a solid blue LED after the failed attempts, suggesting it's connected to the network. Regardless, the camera doesn't show up in my account using the app on my phone or a web browser. I've tried searching for a solution but haven't found any in these forums or on the internet. Is anyone aware of a solution to this problem? Thanks in advance.

9 REPLIES 9
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @GeoJames

Are you still experiencing this issue with your Arlo baby?

GeoJames
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @ShayneS, yes, I am still having this problem.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@GeoJames

As of right now does the camera say it is online & have a Blue LED? May I ask what installation process or flow you went through to get it to where it is now? Did your app say the camera was successfully added?

It sounds like the camera is connected but having some type of glitch. DId you perform a factory reset with the instructions from this article: How do I reset Arlo Baby to factory default settings?

Thank you for the info

GeoJames
Aspirant
Aspirant

@ShayneS 

The camera currently has a solid blue LED. 

For the last attempt, I attempted to add the camera through an android app. The app took me through the process up to the point of naming the camera. 

• Power up camera
  • Type in wifi password to app
  • Hold sync button on camera
  • Hold QR code in front of camera, hear chime
  • Name camera
  • Error message after entering name "We are unable to claim this device. To get help, please contact Arlo Support at support.arlo.com"
  • Clear message, finish entering name, tap on "continue"
  • "Your Arlo Camera is now active!" screen pops up
  • No camera shows on home page on either app or browser window
  • LED on camera stays blue

I have factory reset this camera so many times that I've lost track. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@GeoJames

I have escalated your case & customer support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. You escalations number is 41782359.

GeoJames
Aspirant
Aspirant

@ShayneS 

Thank you! It's appreciated. 

JNovotny2002
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same problem
JNovotny2002
Aspirant
Aspirant
Actually once I get to the naming part I can’t hit “continue” but the LED light is blue
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@JNovotny2002

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation