Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Baby plugged in, turns off

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
brianwhitton
Aspirant
Aspirant
All in the title. Doesn't matter if it's the OEM cable/plug or a new combo, the camera won't stay on for more than a few minutes before turning off. This behavior started suddenly a few weeks ago.

When I plug it in, the LED blinks orange a few times, the battery shows it is charging, but a few minutes later it stops charging and the battery drains until it turns off.
7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You may have to do a full RESET... with paperclip push in the reset for about ten secs till the led flashes.

Then go thru the setup procedure as if new.

https://kb.arlo.com/1282700/How-do-I-set-up-my-Arlo-Baby-camera

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
brianwhitton
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok, thanks. I'll try that. Not sure how a reset fixes the battery, but I'll report back.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Because when plugged in, the camera can operate with the battery off too...

check the switch under the feet ( green means battery is on ), if it is only the battery, it can be turned off ( but don't think the batt is the issue).

Do operate it with the ORIGINAL adapter/cable

Morse is faster than texting!
brianwhitton
Aspirant
Aspirant

Go figure: the full reset seems to have done the trick.

It took a few tries to get the camera to receive enough power to turn on so I could do the reset, but I held down the reset button using a paper clip until the LED blinked amber. Then I removed the device from the arlo app and did the whole setup process as a fresh device.

I've readjusted all the settings and it seems like it's currently charging. I'll report back again on the charging status.

I'm still surprised this worked, but grateful for your help TomMac!

brianwhitton
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry to say TomMac, but it turns out your advice did not help.

The reset did not work. I plug it in, it turns on, shows the battery is charging, and a short while later it turns off completely. The battery itself never charges at all, despite what the app says.

Are there any staff from Arlo monitoring these forums? This hardware is defective and I want a replacement.

Rhawkins
Aspirant
Aspirant

This EXACT SAME THING just happened to our Arlo Baby! I tried everything that was mentioned above, including the factory reset, but nothing worked. It seems to have happened for no apparent reason? We've only been using it it for 18 months or so and it's been in the same place, same plug, the entire time. Apparently we have to pay for actual support besides a chat engine? Ridiculous.

brianwhitton
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yeah, honestly it's outrageous. I'm not sure if these boards are monitored by staff or what, but I'm dumping my arlo and getting a eufy. Wirecutter recommends it and so do some parents in my baby group.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation