Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Baby not working with Google Home, massive delay to connect, and still using Flash.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
rafaelfaria
Initiate
Initiate

You buy a camera to watch your baby and the least you expect from it is to be RELIABLE.

Arlo looks great, nice design, nice resolution, on paper, check all the boxes.

HOWEVER, in reality, is the most frustrating and unreliable piece of tech I have ever owned.

• I bought a google home display to work with Arlo. Does not work properly. When it's not buffering, it's not opening at all
  • It has a massive delay despite being on a local network. Up to 20 seconds. By the time I see my baby crying on my screen, he is probably already re-settle, because it takes AGES
  • And the web version, Geez... the web version. To start with they still use FLASH. It has been deprecated for years. It keeps signing off, the stream is never consistent and keep dropping off, like every other device I try to use on this camera. I already mentioned the delay right?

Nothing about this camera is reliable and this is one of my biggest regrets. I would NEVER recommend this to anyone unless you want to get stressed on top of having to deal with a crying baby.

On top of that, as you can see so many complaints in this forum and yet, nothing has been done about these issues. I would never recommend it.

3 REPLIES 3
SitelabsNL
Aspirant
Aspirant
I completely agree. Exact same situation here, I can not put it to words better. Arlo promised to look in to the local delay but if it ever gets fixed my baby probably already left my home.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi rafaelfaria,

• I bought a google home display to work with Arlo. Does not work properly. When it's not buffering, it's not opening at all

Try to reboot your Google Home Display or try re-adding your Arlo Baby on your Google Assistant again to see if that helps.

• It has a massive delay despite being on a local network. Up to 20 seconds. By the time I see my baby crying on my screen, he is probably already re-settle, because it takes AGES

Is this happening on the Arlo app on your iOS/Android device and/or the web client?

• And the web version, Geez... the web version. To start with they still use FLASH. It has been deprecated for years. It keeps signing off, the stream is never consistent and keep dropping off, like every other device I try to use on this camera. I already mentioned the delay right?

With Flash Player support becoming obsolete in the very near future, we’ve transitioned away from Flash Player since May 1st and it should no longer be needed to live stream Arlo Cameras when using a web browser.

SitelabsNL
Aspirant
Aspirant
Are you kidding us? Your complete community is complaining about this delay and you are suggesting rebooting and re-adding again?! This is not a “one” customer problem, this is a problem in your product and it can’t be fixed by the user but it needs to be fixed by Arlo. Like promised in this forum (other thread) by Arlo ages ago. Please take us seriously. At least start with admitting the problem, then fix it or remove the Google Assistant support altogether. It’s useless now.
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation