Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Thomas2nova
Initiate
Initiate

Hello,  Is there anyway that i can get my Arlo baby to work with my Echo show?  So far all i get on my echo show is a "waiting for Arlo" message. I have tried both the Arlo baby on both my 2.4 & 5 Ghz wifi networks and also removed and re-enabled the arlo skill but still i am unable to get the two devices to work together.  The Arlo Android app works fine (as much as i have tested it so far).  Signal on both the Arlo and Echo show shows good signal.  I really could do with these working before my new born arrives.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Improvements for Alexa integration have been made in the latest firmware release for Arlo Baby. If you're experiencing issues, please be sure your Arlo Baby is up to date with the latest firmware:

Arlo Baby - 1.8.6.2_22781 - 6th December 2018

JamesC

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thomas2nova,

Have you tried rebooting your devices (the echo show and Arlo Baby) after setup to see if you still experience the same behavior?

For more information on using Arlo with Amazon Alexa devices, take a look here: Arlo Support How can I use Amazon devices with my Arlo cameras?

JamesC

Thomas2nova
Initiate
Initiate
Hi James

Thanks for the below but unfortunately I have already tried all the below prior to my post and have tried the same again today. I have power cycled both the baby arlo and also the alexa show. Along with removing the skill from alexa and power cycling again but still when I ask to see the baby arlo on alexa show I always just get the waiting for arlo on the alexa show screen. This isn't a case of that I have never had it working. It worked fine for a few days and then when I went to try at a later date it just will not work anymore.

Is there no way of sending some sort of debug file to you?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Avantgarde
Initiate
Initiate
+1 for this problem, joining so many others. Cmon guys its time to get your act together. Hundreds of customers have taken the time to report here that Arlo baby doesnt work consistently with Eco/Alexa. Dont advertise this integration when it is fraudulent, false and misleading intended only to make more money for Netgear, if you are unable to provide the functionality. What else does it take to get your attention than so many unhappy customers complaining about the exact same issue, and the best you can offer is "try rebooting" ? Seriously?
Egrubb
Initiate
Initiate
+1 I have been experiencing the exact same issue with both my Echo Show and Echo Spot. I have tried disabling, enabling, rebooting, restarting, searching again for smart home devices through Alexa, etc. I previously had no issues, but this past week all I get is Waiting For Arlo message.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Improvements for Alexa integration have been made in the latest firmware release for Arlo Baby. If you're experiencing issues, please be sure your Arlo Baby is up to date with the latest firmware:

Arlo Baby - 1.8.6.2_22781 - 6th December 2018

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation