Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
ryanrez
Initiate
Initiate

Since the firmware upgrade (1.8.5.3_21226), my arlo baby monitor will connect on my laptop but will not connect to any ios devices.  I've seen others get video but not audio and I saw that you guys are working on the audio issue but I can't even connect to get video.  I receive video/audio on my computer via wifi so it's not a connection issue.  Any help will be appreciated.

Providing a bit of history - this is my second arlo baby.  First one never worked and ended up getting a replacement.  Replacement camera did finally connect however constantly had the blackout screen, would lose connection, and the constant audio would fail.  Overall I will hold my judgement to see if this firmware update fixes those issues but as you can see with my history, I'm not optimistic.   

Thanks, Ryan

6 REPLIES 6
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @ryanrez,

What iOS are you running on your iOS devices? And when you mention it is not connecting, do you mean that you are unable to view the livestream from your Arlo Baby?

ryanrez
Initiate
Initiate

Hi Jessica,

iOS 12.0.1

When connected to my wifi, arlo baby will not connect (no live stream, audio, etc).  It has a continuous loop of trying to connect but never actually working.  If I shut the wifi off and go to LTE, it works.  While on my laptop, the arlo baby connects under wifi.  Extremely frustrating like the masses, I have to use my LTE in order to watch my child in the middle of the night.

Let me know if anything else is needed.  Happy to hop on a call to fix.  You can send a PM if needed.

Thanks, Ryan

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Assuming that your WiFi works on your phone with other apps, try to toggle off and on the WiFi mode (also toggle off and on Airplane Mode if you can). Try to check on your iPhone settings > Arlo and make sure that you have Background App Refresh turned on as well.

allanojala
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi! We have the same problem. Did you get some help with that?
Jdogg0531
Aspirant
Aspirant
Have had Arlo Baby Cam for. A few days now...firmware up to date, background app refresh is on...camera keeps disconnecting. Connected to 300mbps network via Orbi system. Please advise as this is a huge safety concern.
AreUkiddingMe
Aspirant
Aspirant

We (and all my family that have been added as "Subscribers") cannot view the camera over LTE! WiFi works just fine, but switch over to cellular and it says "Connecting....." But.... you guessed it, it never connects > "The device failed to connect, please try again 100 more times." I have a 300mb connection with COX.

FIX YOUR PRODUCT! We spent almost $200 on this thing and the software is always glitchy, always full of regressive bugs. We can't even rely on this thing. Returning to Costco if on your next realese you guys can't fix your software! Hire software engineers and QA engineers who actual test the software will comprehensive tests cases before releasing to the GA!! Extremely disappointed with NetGear!

ios devices: v 12.2

Arlobaby Cam Firmeware: 1.8.6.2_22781

Arlo Software v.2.7.6(44)

WiFi = AmplifyHD Mesh Network with 2 mesh points

Modem: Arris SurfBoard 32x8 DOCSIS 3.1

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation