Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
medic_steve
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I had my Arlo baby set at my old address- working fine no issues. Left yesterday and having moved it the the new property today (with workig wif)i I am having connection issues in the form of device discovery.

The device can initially see Arlo baby. It then can connect the Arlo Baby to my network and add the device to my network...... but is then it becomes undiscoverable in the final step. The same thing happens through the other connection method (using the QR code). It chimes having clearly seen the device /read the codebut again then cannot discover the device

It is the device discovery that is not working through either method to add my device. I have done everything - this really should work better and is infuriating. I have done the following suggested methods to solve this:

I have the device on the same network

I have reset the device (countless times now)

I have reinstalled the app on my iphone

I have used both the desktop and the App methods to try to connect and discover it

Can anyone help other than this generic "ensure its on the same network" response?

The only other thing I am unsure of is this homekit - when I try to start the process and click "add device" it reads

"we see Arlo device in your homekit devices list which i snot in Arlo yet. If you don't see this device here please reboot it"

Is it linked to the old network through this homekit thing (unsure what that is or how to access it) but I can get the devie to be seen on that page but only with another reset each time)

6 REPLIES 6
Shaden
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same problem , I changed the wifi password then the baby Arlo doesn’t work
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you change the network in the Baby settings?

Shaden
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes i do . I changed the network to the new but it didn’t discover the device.
Mgkief
Aspirant
Aspirant
Has anyone been able to solve this issue? Just bought a brand new camera and having the same error messages as above. Have done all the troubleshooting previously suggested and still not working. Highly disappointing for the amount paid to not have it work.
medic_steve
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello @jguerdat Still no joy. On same network before. Then I removed the device as it wasn’t working. With no devices in my list current,y I don’t get that option of selecting a network anymore.i reset the device and add it as a new one- It can join my home WiFi network then it’s all done for and cannot discover my device. Please can someone solve this ?………

medic_steve
Aspirant
Aspirant

Solved it

My WiFi wasn’t fully connected to the NBN here in Australia. It was using the 4g backup sim. Was fully connected today for the first time at the new address and it picked the camera up straight away. 

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation