Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 21 Replies
  • 16 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation
kgood0424
Tutor
Tutor
Arlo Baby will still send notifications but I cannot view any live video. Error message will appear and either say failed to connect or problem establishing connection to media server. Firmware is up to date. Tried restarting it. Also tried restarting my phone. Cannot view video via arlo app or home app for iPhone. Very frustrating.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new Arlo Baby firmware has been released with stability improvements for connectivity. Please be sure your Arlo Baby is up to date with the latest firmware: Release Notes – Arlo Baby 1.8.4.5_18322 – 28th March 2018

Please keep in mind that if your Arlo Baby is connected to your home network via WiFi extender, connectivity may be negatively impacted.

JamesC

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
IAMSAMMICH
Apprentice
Apprentice
I constantly have had the same experience. It will say failed to connect to the media server. It actually just happened to me for the last two hours. I have a Netgear AC router with 110mbps connection next to my Arlo device. It’s on a 5ghz network. Netgear keeps asking me if it’s on our network. Yes it’s on our network... it sends me notifications and I can still use certain functions of the camera, just not video. I’m on the latest firmware and have tried connecting with multiple iPhones/Apple TV. Very frustrating.
acaus
Tutor
Tutor
Just returned my Arlo Baby. This product is a lemon.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Is this only happening when using an iOS device or do you get the same behavior when using a computer/Android device?

JamesC

Actioncam
Guide
Guide
Same issue Arlo Baby camera failed to connect. Issue started a few days ago and is happening intermittently. It doesn’t matter if I access via the iOS app or web browser it won’t bring up video feed. I also have my camera setup with HomeKit and I can’t load the video feed there either at the moment. We have no network issues here, on a 100mbit fibre connection. We did just update the firmware around the same time so my guess is firmware issue or the usual issue of connectivity issues to netgear servers which has been ongoing since we bought the camera months ago. Pretty unreliable really and not ideal for a baby monitor or security system! Probably should have listened to my wife and taken it back when we first had issues
Actioncam
Guide
Guide
Maybe a coincidence but I turned monitoring on, then went to the video feed and clicked the record video button and the camera feed came back online
kgood0424
Tutor
Tutor
Got it working again, I turned off the camera and then restarted the device, then turned it back on. Who knows why these things act up like they do.
IAMSAMMICH
Apprentice
Apprentice
I’ll try this on my PC tonight. Haven’t been able to connect for a couple of hours now. Is it possible there’s a cache issue due to it being 5 days of previous video and trying to catch up?
Amgray13
Guide
Guide
Having the same issue connecting here. Have always had problems with Amazon echo show (only with the Arlo Baby, never with other Arlo products, but have never been told a solution is in the works). Now for about 5 days have been having issues connecting to iOS. Get an error that it failed to establish a connection to the sever. I even have the home icon on the main screen. Have restarted the camera and all phone apps and nothing is fixing the problem.

I cannot understand how the rest of the Arlo system is more reliable than the Arlo Baby, the one camera we need to work every time. IMO, the product was shipped well before it was ready and we get to be the Beta testers. Very unhappy customer.
Actioncam
Guide
Guide
Yep could not bring up the video feed again (errors connecting) so had to restart the camera to get it working again. It’s a baby monitor netgear this is ridiculous how unreliable it is and it’s not like it was a cheap product to buy!
AyeshaF
Initiate
Initiate
Everything is up to date and this only started happening in the last 2 months.. I have exactly the same problem and I am finding it extremely frustrating! Out of all the Arlo cameras we have set up, the one that I need to be connected all the time is the only one that consistently fails. What’s the point having a baby monitor that can’t connect after restarting and turning things off and on all the time?!? Very annoyed.
Ivann
Tutor
Tutor

I am having the same issue, all my Arlo Pros are staying connected.  My Arlo baby has never been great, but now is almost unsuable after the last update enabling Apple home.  I have tried resetting/rebooting the entire system, reinstalling the device camera, etc.  Please fix this....

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new Arlo Baby firmware has been released with stability improvements for connectivity. Please be sure your Arlo Baby is up to date with the latest firmware: Release Notes – Arlo Baby 1.8.4.5_18322 – 28th March 2018

Please keep in mind that if your Arlo Baby is connected to your home network via WiFi extender, connectivity may be negatively impacted.

JamesC

kalanj1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still having the same issues after the update. I checked the version and it has the latest one that came out in March. Please advise. I purchased 2 Arlo baby camera's and both are having the same issue. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

kalanj1,

I will reach out to you in a private message to gather more information.

JamesC

Jbrew
Tutor
Tutor
JamesC

The firmware update still has not solved the issue. Can you please advise the community on how we can be reimbursed for the defective Arlo Baby?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jbrew,

JamesC

kiisse
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James,

I'm having the exact same problem.

//Christian

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

kisse,

JamesC

darkiss
Star
Star

I am also having this same issue

Johpre
Aspirant
Aspirant
Bought a new arlo baby, installed the app and connected. Worked great for 30min or so then disconnected. Now I cant get it connected again. Did a factory reset removed device from app and tried again. Its not reading the qr code. Reading all the other comments, better to return it straight away.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Johpre,

What behavior are you experiencing when it is attempting to read the QR code? What are you seeing that is indicating failure?

JamesC