Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Pateri82
Tutor
Tutor

Has Arlo done another update of their software yesterday??? My monitor was working fine last night until it wouldn’t connect to the network. I then deleted it trying to reconnect it to the app and now it won’t connect at all!!! There’s no blinking amber light when I switch it off and then on. I have held the sync button down for a blue light to blink and then scan the QR code to get a chime and then NOTHING!!! Can someone please tell me what is going on

19 REPLIES 19
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I'm experiencing the same behavior as well.  I believe it's an issue on Arlo's end as my network has been up the entire time, there's 0% packet loss, and the wifi connectivity from the router is showing Arlo at 89% signal strength.  Trying to validate via phone support but apparently a 10 minute 16 second hold time is acceptable.

Side note - It's probably worth noting if the mods see this the Arlo Baby model ABC1000 isn't even recognized as a model in the text box asking for my model...

Pateri82
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks FriscBrah! I’m definitely convinced it’s their end again (has the same issue another time when they did a software update) because I can connect it and play it through the Apple Home app no worries so I know the hardware an connect and the wifi is fine. And thanks for the reply.... I still haven’t heard from Arlo Customer Support - this post, FB and Messenger and nothing. I also tried a live chat and ‘no agents were available at this time’. Like last time it took a week for their tech team to solve the problem.... thank god for Apple!!

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @Pateri82 and @Retired_Member,

Try to power cycle your Arlo Baby and see if that helps. You can read here on how to power cycle: How do I power cycle my Arlo Baby camera?

If that does not work, try to remove the Arlo Baby from your account and re-add it back on to see if that helps.

Pateri82
Tutor
Tutor
Hello! I’ve done both of the above solutions - the power cycle so many times I’ve lost count - and removing it from my account is why I’m now in this situation. I went to re-add it to my account and this is why it won’t reconnect. Tried the power cycle solution and nothing. It’s working thru the Apple Home App no problem at all thank god. Any other suggestions?? Has there been an app update from your end that we’re not aware of?
Retired_Member
Not applicable
Call into support, all of the steps listed above I tried. It’s something they have to do on their end.
chartier
Tutor
Tutor
Exact same scenario for me. Has been working through the Arlo app for the last 8 months nonstop. Suddenly today it’s stopped working and I can only see the feed through Apple HomeKit.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Try to set it up on a computer to see if that helps. If you're still having problems with it not showing up on your Arlo Baby, you may need to try doing a factory reset. You can read here on how to do a factory reset: How do I reset Arlo Baby to factory default settings?

Otherwise, you can contact our support team so they can help you further. You can contact our team here: Arlo Support

Pateri82
Tutor
Tutor
We don’t own a computer... I tried again yesterday on my phone and still the same problem is occurring. Will chime when you use the QR code and then won’t find the device. Seems strange the Apple Home App can find it but the Arlo one can’t?!
Pateri82
Tutor
Tutor
Ok now I’m completely frustrated!! The ‘reset to factory functions’ I can’t even do! I don’t have a reset button on the side of the device. You still haven’t answer my original question... has there been an app update??!!
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

You should see the reset button on the side of your Arlo Baby. The article I linked above should show you how to reset.

And there has been a recent app update. You can see more about it here: Arlo iOS App - 2.7.10 - 29th May 2019.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Mine is down again.  Says my device is not connected meanwhile my internet hasn't skipped a beat.

A baby monitor that doesn't work reliably is useless...

Pateri82
Tutor
Tutor
Sorry to say for a second time but the model I have doesn’t have a reset button underneath the Sync button. I’m trying to attach a photo but the feed won’t accept the file for some reason.

Ever since the last app update there has been issues so it’s quite obvious it’s the app that has the bugs. Can you feed this back to your development team and tell us when the next app update will be because it’s now been over a week of it not working!!
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @FrischBrah and @Pateri82,

I have sent you both a private message to gather more information from you.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Replied.

Happened again today, current down and out.  Will have to spend yet another 30 minutes or so as I've done 4 others times recently.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

I'll add it's getting a bit old having to spend my time redoing the previous troubleshooting steps over and over consideing the cost of the device and reliable wi-fi video isn't rocket science.

Retired_Member
Not applicable
Update to all. It’s gone offline requiring a factory reset twice more since my 6/20 post.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I have sent you a private message on Jun 20 but have not heard back from you. If you're still experiencing any problems, please let me know through private message.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

I responded and the Arlo unit going through it's usual 2 week disconnection issue as of a few minutes ago.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for responding back to my private message. I sent you a reply to gather more information from you. Hope to hear from you soon.

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation