Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
DoinitSideways
Apprentice
Apprentice

iPad 9.7

ios 12.1.4

Arlobaby firmware 1.8.6.2_22781

hardware 6

arlo app version 2.7.4

ok, my app just stops play8ng the live stream at random times... I’ll wake up during the night and it’s still full screen but has paused with a play icon on the screen.

my wife’s old iPad mini which runs an old version of the app as it can’t update as it doesn’t support iOS 12 continues without issue... same room, same bed, same wifi...

what at the actual f... netgear

ive removed and reinstalled the app, no joy.

ive rebooted the Arlo baby, rebooted my wifi and internet routers... no joy...

am am I alone with this issue???

josh

7 REPLIES 7
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @DoinitSideways,

Make sure you have Background App Refresh turned on your iPad through the iPad settings. And are you streaming the Arlo Baby live feed with "Always Listening" on? You can read here on how to enable and disable "Always Listening": How do I enable or disable the Always Listening feature on Arlo Baby?

DoinitSideways
Apprentice
Apprentice

@JessicaP ,

hi jess, thanks for your reply. I can confirm that both of those settings are on.

What’s more is my iPad is set to never lock or turn the screen off. So this happens with the Arlo app on screen and in the foreground.

It has only just started happening maybe 3 to 4 weeks ago. I didn’t change anything on my iPad. I have tried to remove and install the app as well as resetting all network settings on the iPad and reconnecting to my wifi network. My wife’s iPad which is on her bedside table on her side of our bed works flawlessly all night, however it is an older iPad and only runs iOS 10 and the last version of the Arlo app that could run on iOS 10.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

When does the live stream stop playing? Is it actually random or happens after a certain amount of time after live stream starts?

Also to make sure, have you tried logging out, uninstall the app, restart your iPad, and reinstall the app again to see if that helps? Otherwise, let me know if your'e still having problems.

JGP7229
Star
Star
I have the same issue, I have an older amazon fire tablet I use as the baby monitor and about a week ago it started. I randomly stops playing the live stream in the middle of the night.... the only solution is logging out and logging back in which doesn’t help as i rely on it be working all night
DoinitSideways
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hey mate,

Thanks for the reply.

The iPad just has the last image on the screen and the play button in full screen mode.

When I push play it jumps out of full screen and starts playing again. I make it full screen and go back to sleep... but it stops again after. Just lucky the old iPad and old software isn’t doing it.
Amotz777
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am Having the same issue with my Arlo Baby. With an iPhone 6, iPhone X, iPad 2017, iPhone 8plus. All updated. I have Reinstalled and rebooted everything. What gives??
DoinitSideways
Apprentice
Apprentice
What version of iOS are all the devices running?
Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation