Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
finn4321
Star
Star

I came home last night after our nanny put the kiddo to bed and when I opened the Arlo app it stated that firmware update is needed. Arlo should not decide that I need to update firmware right this second, since it was nighttime and I needed to see my kid. The fact that you can't postpone or ignore the update and that it blocks you from using the camera is REALLY bad! 

If that wasnt bad enough,  firmware update failed continuously, I tried rebooting the camera as well remotely but it still would not update afterwards. Hence, I had to spend the night without any view of my baby!

Arlo really needs to accept the fact that as a baby monitor, the requirements on stability and usability are much higher than the rest of their line up. I also want to add my vote to the other big feature request on this forum, automatic reconnect is a MUST.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
finn4321
Star
Star
It did not update. In the morning I did a reset but after that it was never able to recognize the QR code to complete the setup (tried multiple times) . I let the battery drain out completely, plugged the power back in, did a reset and then it worked on the first try. After that firmware update worked.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

finn4321,

I  understand your concern and will pass along your feedback. You say the firmware update failed continuously, were you ever able to complete the update? Did it update on it's own overnight?

JamesC

finn4321
Star
Star
It did not update. In the morning I did a reset but after that it was never able to recognize the QR code to complete the setup (tried multiple times) . I let the battery drain out completely, plugged the power back in, did a reset and then it worked on the first try. After that firmware update worked.
abc2
Initiate
Initiate
This issue is still not solved in December! I've not been able to use my camera for the last four days because Arlo decided (sometime between midnight and 3am) that it needed a firmware update and stopped working. This is unacceptable. And what makes matters worse is that for four days this firmware update has continuously failed. You cannot use this monitor as a baby monitor. It's just an overpriced toy.
abc2
Initiate
Initiate
Your solution also worked for me. Thanks, Finn4321!
I let the battery drain and then the firmware update went through.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation