Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
UAWoody
Star
Star

Ever since the latest firmware update to work with Apple HomeKit, this camera is continually giving me issues. I have reset the camera twice now in 3 days and once again I open the app and it either says "Buffering" or "Camera Not Connected". The other 4 cameras on my system connect and stream fine. 

I spent 2 hours the other night on suport chat and recreated profiles in order to get the camera to show.

Please somebody listen to all the comments and work on updated code or allow users to roll back firmware on the device. This painful and babies' saftey is depending on this product to work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

New firmware has been made available that should help with the issues being discussed here. Take a look at these firmware release notes and make sure your Arlo Baby is up to date with the latest version: Arlo Baby - 1.8.5.3_21226- 17th October 2018

JamesC

View solution in original post

136 REPLIES 136
timbearden
Star
Star

I'm having the same issue.  It's pretty much a useless Baby Camera.  I've had the buffering issue, unable to connect, and other errors.  

Vinnie_Quek
Initiate
Initiate

Likewise, after the firmware update, a reset of the camera is needed after each log in on the app, with ' Camera Not Connected' at every other time I log on to check on the baby. Please do fix this bug as the baby's safety and well being is why we bought the arlo baby cam for peace of mind, but it's adding more stress to our daily routine, not knowing the safety of our baby.  Plus the promise of a dedicated monitor screen in the making was why we also purchase the Arlo baby cam,  Do please fix these issues soonest as your product was supposed to make us parents lives easier and not add more load to it.

disappointed fan

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

What device are you using to stream? (iOS, Web client, Android, etc.)? Do you see the same behavior when streaming from different devices?

JamesC

UAWoody
Star
Star

Using an Samsung Android tablet and two iPhones, 7 and 7+ both on latest iOS and Arlo app versions. Same behavior.

Jdubz
Initiate
Initiate
I'm having the same exact issue, it is constantly buffering. This needs to be solved immediately, this is a safety issue. The monitor is now a paper weight. Worked great up until the firmware issue. Devices used: >Amazon tablet (×2)
>Samsung galaxy s6 and s9+
>IPhone 6 and X
>Samsung tab s2

Frustrated customer.

J
UAWoody
Star
Star

Another night of the repeated issue. Howver, the iOS app seems to connect every so often but the Android app never connects unless you power cycle the camera (which I had to do twice this evening to connect). The majority of these issues, once agian began after the latest firmware update and Android app update.

Arlo/Netgear- This is obvioulsy a multi-user issue. What are the next steps for remediation? Power cycling hardware every 24 hours is not an option when it comes to a baby camera.

Tamulou
Guide
Guide

Same issue here - I am using a fire tablet and samsung phone....they need to rollback the firmware.

Mogley
Initiate
Initiate
This is absolutely ridiculous. Here I am for the third time checking on my baby because the app won't connect. My other Arlo cameras are working fine, which I could care less about since the baby is the one that matters!!! I had no
issues prior to the "update". FIX THIS NOW!!!!! I don't understand what part of the safety of our babies your not understanding. Roll back the update if that is your only solution for the time being. I'm using an Android phone.
chetankhatri123
Guide
Guide

Same problem here, this is a bit of a joke!

wagnermc
Initiate
Initiate

Since the update we can connect to the Arlo Baby camera about 20% of the time. We lose connection during the night when we actually get it to connect without the standard connection problems weve been accustomed to since the update. Multiple power cycles. Reset the WiFi router. Have slept on the floor next to the baby for 3 straight nights. This is far past an isolated issue with multiple commets. Have been on hold with customer support for 30 mintes with no one picking up.

chetankhatri123
Guide
Guide

How do we escalate this issue? Is anyone at Netgear looking at this?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The official way to do this is to open a case with support here. More reports should get more action.

Nich_C
Tutor
Tutor
Same issue here. It has been happening every other night. I tried to chat with a member from support, and they said they couldn’t get anybody to talk with me and help. Besides the app not connecting, when it is connected, the app will crash multiple times throughout the night. This is becoming ridiculous.
UAWoody
Star
Star

It appears there was an Android update on 3/14, version 2.4.9_20031 and as of right now it is conecting without resetting. This is great progress, I will continue to monitor another evening.

Thank you for actually paying attention and addressing people's issues. I'd love to know if other expirence a better connectivitey after the update.

timbearden
Star
Star

Well, I've tried draining the battery, powered down, disconnected the device from the app, and reset, made sure everything is up to do, and much more.  Still it does not work and is stuck buffering.  I get notifications if the temperature is off.  That's it.  So it's been 5 days and still no effort on their part to fix it.  I've tried contacting support on live chat, and no one ever responds.  They think this is a joke.  Well if something happens to a baby and they get sued, it will no longer be a joke.  

UAWoody
Star
Star

I take back what I said, right back where I was before the update that worked for 24 hours. The feed is going between "Buffering" and the "Live" button. It will not connect to the camera.

Can someone please address this and work on a solid update that takes in to account how it worked prior to the HomeKit BS rollout?

CNH
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am experiencing the same issue when trying to access our Arlo Baby from a variety of different android devices with different android os versions. Started about three days ago. 

farrellw
Star
Star
Numerous issues with the camera disconnecting while my baby is sleeping. It’s beyond practice to have to power cycle the camera nightly. This is happening on iPhone 6,7 and fire tablet. Yes all of the platforms are not working properly

Hope you get this fixed. Seriously considering throwing this in the trash after the monitor announcement and not repeated connectivity issues. I wouldn’t give this to my worst enemy
timbearden
Star
Star

So last night was the first night in 6 nights it actually worked.  I did a hard reset of everything, and removed my wife as a user of the device.  I resynced everything and got it to work.  Then I added my wife back on to the device.  At first I thought it wasn't going to work when I added her back on as it started buffering.  But after 10 seconds hers came back on as well.  So I'm hoping that did the trick.

UAWoody
Star
Star

I still continue to have issues and the camera requires daily (if not more) power cycling in order to connect. 

The other devices in my home have no issue including other Arlo cameras, this has nothing to do with the streaming quality of my home. This issue is directly tied to the Arlo Baby and firware versions of the device and applications.

This is truly unacceptable as major corporation and I would hope and expect some sort of escalation as this is a multi-enduser issue, not one off. I have spent multiple hours on the support chat and many others have reported the same issue. 

It is time for some action and true technical troubleshooting on Netgear's behalf.

I'm waiting......

chetankhatri123
Guide
Guide

Today i deleted all the devices, did a hard reset of the base station, repaired all my Arlo devices (i have the security system), hard reset my Arlo Baby.

This seems to have done the trick for me

Tamulou
Guide
Guide

I did the hard reset and it worked for two days....now back to them came old issues, disconnecting randomly.

Anyone hear back from work support? I called and all they could tell me to do is s a hard reset (which takes a good 15 minutes to setup every time). I wish I could roll back tthtthe firmware until they fix the bug.

chetankhatri123
Guide
Guide
Well 24 hours later, I'm noticing problems again. I can see the video feed 8 out of 10 times, but also I have lost all controls to music lights and all of the temperature sensors are unavailable

Come on Netgear
timbearden
Star
Star

Well I thought I was good. I went three days with it working fine.  Until now, it stopped working entirely today.  It's back to being a brick.