Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Baby does not work on same wifi network as phone/tablet when 'home' icon shows

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
edcknsn
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was wondering if there is a way to turn off/disable home network direct connection (the little house logo) on my Arlo Baby?

My Arlo baby camera works fine so long as you are not connected to the same wifi network as the arlo baby camera with your phone or tablet (for example by either turning of wifi and using cellular data, or alternatively, by signing into a different wifi network). However, if the camera and phone or tablet are on the same network and the home logo appears, the live video and audio stream work for about 5 seconds, then stop (picture and audio pauses and does not restart until you close out of the app). It is infuriating to not be able to use our home wifi network to view our baby camera when we are at home. 

My camera says its firmware is up to date (1.8.6.2_22781), the device info for the Arlo Baby says I have hardware 6. I think the model is ABC1000. I am using iOS 12.1.2 on an iPhone X, and a 6s, with version 2.7.4 of the Arlo App. 

Given that the 'home' network connection appears to be what is causing our problem, I would like to disable the automatic direct connection, if possible.

Any suggestions? Any help is appreciated.  

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried to delete the app and then re-install ?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
edcknsn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @TomMac

Have tried, no success. Same problem persists following re-install. 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Sorry, got nothing....

other than what you know already, ie; turning off wifi.

I will say that it just may be a bug with the app on ios 12x... seems like the os is causing issue more than this too.

Put in a report to Arlo, they can't fix it if they don't know.

Morse is faster than texting!
edcknsn
Aspirant
Aspirant
No worries. I ultimately found a work around, I put the baby camera on Apple Home kit, separate from the rest of our cameras and streaming now works fine on the same wifi network. It’s gotta be a software issue with Arlo. Thanks for your input!
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation