Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Baby constant freeze and pixelated images

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
BabyFinn
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ve been researching baby monitors for weeks trying to decide which one would be best for our family. Our baby isn’t due until March 2019 but decided to pick up the Arlo Baby early since it was on sale from Best Buy. We have been testing it for the last week and been having nothing but problems!! After reading posts from Amazon and Arlo Community posts, I am now convinced that this product is not reliable. It has one job to do and it can’t seem to do that. Here’s just a few of the issues we’ve been experiencing.

It constantly freezes up with the sound still streaming but video feed will be frozen. When we use the two way talk feature it will feeeze up the system and fail and require a reboot.. The image sometimes will be pixelated and need to be restated before it clears up, and just many other glitches and problems with unreliability. It simply is not reliable as a device to monitor something as important as our first born child. I could go on and on. After troubleshooting with no success, reading countless similar negative user reviews, I’m pulling the plug and returning this camera.

I also should add that I’m using a Netgear Router dualband WNDR3400 N600, FiberOptic 25 Mbps down and 5 Mbps up, Apple iPhone Xs iOS12, iPad 6th gen iOS12, iPhone 8 iOS12. This device simply doesn’t work as advertised!

2 REPLIES 2
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @BabyFinn,

Could you let me know which troubleshooting steps you have tried for your Arlo Baby? And are you able to view the Arlo Baby through the web browser?

BabyFinn
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’ve restarted my router, tried different display resolutions, tried 2 different iPads, 2 different iPhones, tried at home and away, tried with LTE cell service and with WiFi from 3 different locations, checked for updated firmware for my router and Arlo Baby, tried not using microphone and using microphone, tried leaving in over night, I’ve really tried it all. I actually just returned the Arlo Baby yo Best Buy tonight and will be buying Infant Optices video monitor.
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation