Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Baby Constant buffering. Black screens. Artifacts in the video. etc

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
nutti
Guide
Guide

Constant buffering. Black screens. Artifacts in the video. Laggy notifications.

Right now the Arlo Baby is a security risk and I'm about to throw it into the wall.

7 REPLIES 7
nutti
Guide
Guide

Hey, Arlo/Netgear - please acknowledge that the Arlo Baby is completely unreliable and get back to us on what steps you are taking to fix it.

• Black screens
  • Lag time
  • Unreliable local streaming
  • Artifacts in live view
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

nutti,

What does the signal strength icon show for the camera? How far from your router is the camera? If you bring it closer, do you experience the same behavior?

JamesC

BrunoGrade
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem

• Black screens
  • Lag time

in my case the signal strength icon is full, and the camera is 1 meter away from the  router with +/- 400 MB internet speed

Bruno Grade

nutti
Guide
Guide

I got 2 out of 3 bars and it's less than 5 meters away from my router.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

There are many variables that could cause interference or impair the camera's signal strength to your router. Some environments have increased wifi interference or thick walls made of materials that reduce wifi penetration that could cause the symptoms you're describing.

One way to further isolate this is to temporarily bring the camera close to your router (within a few feet) and test to see if you still experience the issue.

JamesC

nutti
Guide
Guide

Issues persist regardless of placement. If signal had anything to do with it the app should show poor signal quality. There are obvious problems with this product and you have troubleshooted with many customers so I want to know if any of those cases has resulted in a product that actually works.

Time to stop messing with us.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

nutti,

If you've ruled out signal issues I encourage you to contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate the issue. You can find several options for contacting support here: Arlo Support Team

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation