Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
STH2014
Aspirant
Aspirant
When I enter the nursery the camera makes a clicking noise even though the mode is “monitoring off”. Can anyone confirm if it is the IR adjusting to the change in light when I open the door? Is the camera still detecting movement and light even when the monitoring/recording is disabled? I am worried someone else unknown to us has access to the camera. Thank you.
7 REPLIES 7
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Just checked mine and it behaves the same way. Even with monitoring off, when I make the room dark, the two IR LEDs light up with a click sound

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Is this happening with the latest firmware version for the Arlo Baby, which is version 1.8.6.2_22781 (Arlo Baby - 1.8.6.2_22781 - 6th December 2018)?

STH2014
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes firmware is up to date. And it doesn’t consistently click when I open the door and let light in to the room. Which is why I am worried.
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Pretty sure mine is constantly recording since it seems to have a 3-5 second pre-recording feature. All my videos start with 3-5 seconds of video before the motion/audio activity that triggers the recording. This would line up with the IR lights being on and clicking on/off in response to ambient light. Not sure if it still happens when running off the battery

STH2014
Aspirant
Aspirant

It should not be recording ie. "mode" is set to monitoring off and there are no recorded videos popping up on my library. I also just changed my password since starting this thread and it is still happening. I just want confirmation that the clicking is from the IR activating and this will happen even when the Arlo is not actively recording. Thanks. 

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Yes, mine behaves the same way

co0oda
Aspirant
Aspirant
Also noticed the same thing with mine, latest firmware downloaded. Can anyone confirm why this occurs and is there a security risk here that it is still listening/viewing even when “off”?
Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation