Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Baby can't connect to a network that contains special characters

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
euroegyptn
Follower
Follower

During setup, I couldn't get the Arlo Baby to scan the bar code off of the App. After some research I discoevered that I coudn't connect it to my network becuase my SSID name contains special characters (https://kb.arlo.com/1052574/Can-special-characters-in-a-network-name-cause-problems-for-Arlo-Q).

I then created a guest network that conatins only letters, numbers and without any special characters. I was then able to sucesfully connect the camera to the netowrk. I'm running the latest software version 1.8.3.6_15847. How can I get the Arlo baby to connect to my Main netowrk without changing the SSID name? I have many devices connected to that netowrk. Is this a bug? Has anyone seen this issue before?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did the firmware update after you synced it? Newer firmware may give more flexibility to use those SSIDs and passphrases with many special characters. What characters are we talking about?

If the latest firmware and still can't connect due to those characters, you can have 1 of 2 solutions - continue to use the guest WiFi or change the main WiFi's SSID.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation