Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 20 Replies
  • 10 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation
Geneman
Aspirant
Aspirant
I can’t get the Arlo Baby to work with IFTTT.

1) Firstly, when connecting the service through the iOS app, after logging into Arlo and confirming the connection with IFTTT, the IFTTT app shows an error: service not found.

I resolved this by linking through the Android App which works.

2) but when creating an applet, the applet template shows “no options found” in the camera field, so that I can’t create the applet.

Who can help?
20 REPLIES 20
Geneman
Aspirant
Aspirant
Here’s a screenshot of the linking issue.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Geneman,

The engineering team is aware of this issue and is actively working on a resolution. I will provide an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

Geneman
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks, James.

Is this with regard to the linking issue or the issue where there’s no camera detected by the applet?

Customer support have advised me that Arlo Baby does not support IFTTT, which I find a bit surprising, given this is not clarified in the IFTTT support article on the Arlo website or within the IFTTT Arlo service description.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Geneman,

This is referencing both issues.

JamesC

Castillon
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same deal with me
glizik
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have arlo baby Hardware 6, Firmware 1.8.3.6_15847, and I'm also interested in IFTTT and the new announcement about Apple HomeKit kompatibility. When can we expect the firmware update? Weeks, Months, Years?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

glizik,

The firmware for Homekit integration will be available soon. I will post an update once it has been released.

JamesC

glizik
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks James for your answere... 

Isn't there a beta or something, because I'm writing an article about it and it would be nice to mention these functionalities also.

Best regards, G.

sagesofrpg
Star
Star

Hello there. I am also not able to connect to IFTTT with Arlo baby. Support seems to be confused. It's in the manual. Online chat says it's not supported and the supervisor I am speaking with on the phone seems to think it is. James any idea on timeline?

Bobinnz
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was wondering if there was an update on this? I was planing on buying one this week but doing a bit a research and there looks like there is currently no ifttt support or an open API.

Will this change? 

DarrylJB
Initiate
Initiate

"Works with Amazon Alexa, the Google Assistant, IFTTT & Stringify..." seems like false advertising. All of my other Arlo cameras work with IFTTT except this one and it looks liek this has been an issue for a while now.

I purchased this one specifically because it had IFTTT integration. When can we expect this to be true?

AngryNugget
Tutor
Tutor
Any update on this? I also can’t seem to get my Arlo Baby to show in IFTTT.
AngryNugget
Tutor
Tutor

Although I haven't been able to get this to work, I have found a bypass.

By using Stringify (https://www.stringify.com) you can use the Arlo Baby to trigger an IFTTT applet.

It's not the cleanest way, but works quite effectively for me.

Stringify also seems to be quite nice for creating more complex workflows that can hand off to several things at once.

E.g. Detect Motion, After sunset, Whilst Away --> Trigger IFTTT applet (that sends SMS alerting me of motion) & Blink Hue lights

IMG_0618.jpg

AbuM7ammed
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello, any luck with this issue? I'm unable to list my arli baby cam in the ifttt arlo devices, although my arlo account is linked to ifttt.
Holdefer32
Tutor
Tutor
Hello,

any update on this? Arlo baby still not working with IFTTT.
Holdefer32
Tutor
Tutor

When will this support IFTTT? I want to arm it with Google assistant.

Holdefer32
Tutor
Tutor
Any response?
Rokas
Initiate
Initiate
"Great" support as I can see from this dread 🙂
dev0
Initiate
Initiate

NETGEAR’s lack of commitment to deliver the feature they advertise is disappointing if not shameful.

OllieStrong
Aspirant
Aspirant
Any update to Arlo Baby working with IFTTT? Still waiting for this integration!