Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
afireinside86
Tutor
Tutor
Camera Model: Arlo Baby
Firmware: 1.8.6.2_22781
Connected Device: Samsung Galaxy Note9

Error:
Audio through Camera speaker is extremely quiet when using Mic Talk feature via Arlo app on my connected device.

Process:
1. In app, tapped the microphone icon on bottom of video display.
2. Held green button that says "hold button & speak".
3. Talked into the mic on my connected device.
4. Audio output on camera speaker is extremely faint.

Troubleshooting:
- confirmed solid connection on Wi-Fi
- camera speaker is at max volume via Arlo app setting
- microphone permissions are allowed on Arlo app on connected device
- this functionality works fine using the Arlo app on an iPhone 7+ which is running iOS 12.1.4 and Arlo app 2.7.5.

Please advise and thank you for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
afireinside86
Tutor
Tutor
Appreciate the suggestion. However, I did a little more Troubleshooting this morning and located all the mics on my Note9. If I speak into the mic on the TOP RIGHT EDGE of the phone, audio is loud and clear from the Arlo Baby speaker. Thanks for the help! Hope this helps others!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Test it via FireFox on computer to see if it is the Arlo system or Phone issue

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
afireinside86
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks TomMac. Functionality works with Firefox. Please note in my Troubleshooting section of the original part that this does work with an iPhone 7+.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

@afireinside86 wrote:
Thanks TomMac. Functionality works with Firefox. Please note in my Troubleshooting section of the original part that this does work with an iPhone 7+.

Thanks, was thinking it was the Iphone...  Running an S7 with os 8x and no issues

I'd try and contact Arlo and file a report.  https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

( as a PS, some other phones have issues too, if able I would try an external mic or BT device, make sure "privacy" mode is off in phone settings as sometimes that can effect ( lowers audio, if it has one )

Morse is faster than texting!
afireinside86
Tutor
Tutor
Appreciate the suggestion. However, I did a little more Troubleshooting this morning and located all the mics on my Note9. If I speak into the mic on the TOP RIGHT EDGE of the phone, audio is loud and clear from the Arlo Baby speaker. Thanks for the help! Hope this helps others!
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation