Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Gimson96
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have had multiple issues with Arlo baby camera ever since I bought it. I usually have to factory reset and set up as a new device atleast once a month.

But now the Arlo baby LED light has remained in the solid amber light. We have followed the power cycle, factory reset instructions off the this site and read other posts. But this time nothing seems to work. We have tried multiple times over the space of 24 hours.
I’m really disappointed in not having my camera work as I’ve spent a great deal of money on it for it to never work and allow me to keep an eye on my 5 month old daughter.
9 REPLIES 9
jasonEm
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same thing, out of the blue. Was working fine (had the occasional random bootup that some have complained about, but otherwise was working as expected). Now it is doing nothing at all. Unplug/turn off battery/hard reset all do nothing at all.

Did you contact customer service? Are you getting a new one?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Wb77
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue. Entirely out of the blue persistent amber light despite deleting from the app, attempting to reset with the reset button and different durations up to 30sec, and power cycling. There are too many similar reports here for Arlo to not address directly given the intended use of this product.

@jasonEm wrote:

I am having the same thing, out of the blue. Was working fine (had the occasional random bootup that some have complained about, but otherwise was working as expected). Now it is doing nothing at all. Unplug/turn off battery/hard reset all do nothing at all.

Did you contact customer service? Are you getting a new one?

jasonEm
Aspirant
Aspirant

FYI - I used their online chat to speak with a customer service rep. Took about 30 minutes or so, but eventually they decided to replace it. I shipped it to some warehouse on Monday, and earlier today I got a new one back. So far this new one is working...

Gimson96
Aspirant
Aspirant
This is my contact to customer support. I’ve got a young baby and it’s very hard to spend hours on the phone to customer support to step me through processes that I’ve already completed over and over.
I have gotten it to work since my enquiry but have done a whole reset again in that time frame. I expect to only set it up once and to have the system to continually work not having to reset it ever 10 days.
Apearson
Aspirant
Aspirant
I tried to chat online and it said unavailable, so now support team is not working....
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@ Apearson

have you tried on a different browser or again today?

Bocabuck
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have had the Arlo baby for about 16 months now. After about 8 months I had the solid amber light as well. After a lot of trouble-shooting they sent another one and I sent the old one back. Sure enough, it's been about another 8 months and the exact same thing happened yesterday. Again, lots of trouble-shooting and they agreed to send yet another one yesterday. This time, they don't even want the old one back. Their software seems to be rather buggy. It also had started to not record movement. Serious movement. It has been a bit of a disappointment, but the features are great and when it's working properly I love it. When it's good, it's really good. When it's bad, it's really bad.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @Bocabuck

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation