Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Baby Pixelation

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Rexyi
Tutor
Tutor
Has anyone got a fix yet for bad pixelation from times to times? This is only on internal Wi-Fi and fine from external connection.
Bluetooth is turned off and have tried both 2.4 and 5.8hhz
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

New firmware has been made available that should help with the pixilation issue being discussed here. Take a look at these firmware release notes and make sure your Arlo Baby is up to date with the latest version: Arlo Baby - 1.8.5.3_21226- 17th October 2018

JamesC

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Wow. Haven't seen it that bad before. What router are you using?

Rexyi
Tutor
Tutor
I have the Arlo Baby connected to Apple airport express. With good connection.
Sye46
Apprentice
Apprentice
Mine is terrible like that on google wifi. It’s a known bug and netgear will not address it.
TwinCitiesJHawk
Apprentice
Apprentice
Any resolution yet? Getting tired of this daily. Bluetooth off and 2/5ghz strong connections on a netgear x10 router with the same issues.
Yoinked
Guide
Guide

Please address this Netgear.

Yoinked
Guide
Guide

I've switched to using the Apple Homekit app for viewing. When on the same WiFi network as Arlo, the live streaming quality is vastly superior than the Arlo app's pixellated video. I don't know if Homekit is using direct streaming or going over the internet, but either way it's superior. Also, the Homekit app is stable unlike the iOS Arlo app that crashes often.

Sye46
Apprentice
Apprentice
I was using HomeKit too until I ran into this issue that is still not resolved from Arlo

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Baby/Arlo-Baby-HomeKit/td-p/1605355

Netgear don’t seem to care about fixing bugs. They just want to sell products and hope people don’t know about these issues.
Sye46
Apprentice
Apprentice
Bump
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

New firmware has been made available that should help with the pixilation issue being discussed here. Take a look at these firmware release notes and make sure your Arlo Baby is up to date with the latest version: Arlo Baby - 1.8.5.3_21226- 17th October 2018

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation