Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Baby Night Light status light randomly turning on at night - Am I being hacked

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
zizi8862
Initiate
Initiate

Hi

Me and my Wife have noticed the Arlo Baby Status Light and Night Light have been randomly turning on at night. This has severely afftected our baby's sleep as he is a light sleeper. Sometimes its the night light that just turns on and off after a while and some times its the status light that has the issue. My boy has been waking up every 2 or 3 hours last few nights and usually he only wakes up once or twice so I am starting to think hes waking up due to the light as he is in his own room. 

I doubt my device has been hacked but I am starting to wonder about this, is there a way to see the activity log on the device, e.g. who has logged it and what actions have been done on the Arlo Baby. Or any explanation for this?

Thanks 

2 REPLIES 2
SammyNZ
Star
Star

I've had this issue a few weeks ago.

I use HomeKit rather than the Arlo app as it's faster and with the recent HomeKit update I noticed the exact behaviour for a few nights. I'd wake to check and lo and behold, the nightlight was on!

A quick restart of the camera (unplug, turn off battery, let it sit for a few minutes before turning on) appears to have resolved this issue.

On a separate note I've still occasionally got the issue when the white noise stops. Along with the broken loop, and the inability to load new tracks as the entire playlist then disappears.... yip, we're all gluttons for punishment Smiley Happy

IAMSAMMICH
Apprentice
Apprentice

I too have been receiving this for quite some time. one other way of fixing it is to turn the LED on in the app and then turn it back off. It's unbelievable to have this many bugs in a Baby Monitor.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation