Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
simon2k6
Follower
Follower

I purchased an Arlo Baby on Amazon and received it March 11.

The first day I configured it in the early morning with basic functions: tested the video feed, played a lullaby, looked at sensors (few emails come through suggesting they were working) and tested notifications. The device required a firmware update which I applied via the Android app. The device seemed to be working mostly alright but did stop playing music after the second song. I chalked that up to a slight glitch in network connectivity and went about the rest of my day.

Later that evening I went to show my wife the Arlo and it was very glitchy (lots of connection failures, not responding). I tried factory restoring the device using several different methods recommended by Arlo, and then reached out to the Arlo telephone support. I was unable to get the device fixed or reset to a working state after an hour of being on the phone with Arlo. It was suggested that the case be escalated and would continue with further things to try via email. 

I never received further things to try but did receive a generic follow up email approximately a week later. I responded to that expressing my disappointment but received no acknowledgement (generic or otherwise)

Something to note during the resets: the device never showed correct sensor information (always 0-values), played no sound, and battery showed at 0% (not charging). The video feed worked (intermittently) and notifications were detecting movement. No video was uploaded in response to movements however.

I thought the battery being 0 may have been causing other things to go into "shutdown" mode but did test that the battery was working by toggling the battery switch off and running on battery (no cord.). I was able to still connect to the device at 0% for an hour or so after being unplugged, suggesting the battery actually was charged but reporting an incorrect charge.

I have tried both the Arlo charger (in box) and a Samsung QC charger which is reported to work as an alternative charger.

The Arlo Baby is now sitting "charging" in a reset state waiting for the amber light to go from blinking to a solid amber. It has been doing this for 4 days now.

I have wasted hours of my time attempting to resolve issues with this product and get in contact with the support team. 

My case number is #41513821 if that means anything. I am unsure about what options I have now and if it is resolvable without a new device.

1 REPLY 1
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @simon2k6

If the device appears to be a hardware issue, you may return/exchange it with Amazon for a new device. 

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation