Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Baby IPhone App Is Buggy

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
fxdgear
Aspirant
Aspirant

The iPhone app is horribly buggy.

For example:

Sometimes the app gets stuck in landscape mode and the UI gets squished and I can’t navifate the menu options.

The buttons to change the music/see temps, etc sometimes shows up. Sometimes not.

If my wife plays music then I change it then she goes to change it the pause button is on the wrong song.

I feel like this app was written by a college student trying to get his homework assignment done on time after a night of drinking.

The lack of attention to detail is pretty astounding.

7 REPLIES 7
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

What version of the Arlo Mobile App are you using & what OS are you running on your iPhones?

fxdgear
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo app 2.7.1
iOS 12.1.2

Also it appears that the app is also randomly crashing now.

Also another annoying thing is when you turn on always listening. Then open the app again and have to reconnect to the camera (Ie hit the play button) a second audio stream is created so now Ive got this weird echo effect going on and the only way to stop it is by force quitting the app and re opening.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

What device is this occurring with (Phone/Tablet/Model?)

Can you update to the latest IOS 12.1.3 & test again?

fxdgear
Aspirant
Aspirant
iPhone X
Update iOS still happening.

Also the night light icon when in landscape mode is cut in half and not positioned correctly on the screen.
fxdgear
Aspirant
Aspirant
Since updating the app crashes more frequently too.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

fxdgear
Aspirant
Aspirant
Nope,

Cause what is a support tech gonna do?

Tell me to reboot my phone?
Tell me to uninstall/reinstall?
Tell me to reformat my phone and install the app again?

These aren’t solutions to an app that is poorly written and prone to bugs.

What I want is someone to actually write an app that works. I understand that Arlo wants to make money so they make a nice looking piece of hardware and then probably outsource the development of the app to the cheapest bidder who sold a prototype by doing a staged demo.

There seems to be no one who actually uses the app on a daily basis working on the development of this project. Corners are cut. Edge cases aren’t tested.
Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation