Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 25 Replies
  • 15 Likes
  • 14 In Conversation
Kellte2
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm having some occasional trouble using Arlo Baby through Apple's HomeKit app when on my home network. I'm using the Netgear Orbi (RBK50) as my router.  My iOS devices are all up to date with the most current software update (11.4.1).  The Arlo BAby is running 1.8.4.5_20140 (most current), and the Netgear Orbi is running 2.1.4.16 (most current).

The problem (see attached picture) is that the HomeKit app reports that the Arlo Baby "Camera Not Available - This camera is being viewed by someone else."  I rarely get this error when I'm stationary in my house, but for example, when I go upstairs, I'll sometimes receive this error message, and I'm wondering if it has something to do with the Orbi handoff between router and satellite.  It occurs both on my iPad and iPhone, and closing the apps on both devices does not fix the issue.  Curiously, if it happens at night, the issue will have resolved itself by the time I wake up in the morning. 

In either case, it is an irritating error, as no one else on my network even has the software installed to manage the Arlo/HomeKit, so it’s impossible, short of someone intruding on my network, for there to be someone else monitoring the Arlo Baby over the HomeKit app.  I prefer the HomeKit app over the Arlo app due to the lack of pixilation and lag often present on the native Arlo app.  There is no reason why the HomeKit app should perform better for live video monitoring than the native Arlo app, but that’s for a different post.

Is anyone else receiving the “Camera Not Avaliable – This camera is being viewed by someone else” error message when using the HomeKit app?  Is there anything I can do with my configuration to avoid receiving this message?

arlo.jpg

25 REPLIES 25
Lade
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for adding some triggers to Homekit.

Although, it would be great if the audio trigger will be added to Homekit too. 

2nd thing, the temperature indicated temp 4 degrees Celsius higher than the real temperature. Is this because of the heat from the chip inside?

Jonn