Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
jfrench
Aspirant
Aspirant

The latest version of the firmware for the arlo baby cam via a Samsung tablet refuses to download, rendering the camera useless, as it keeps popping up with a pop up box saying I need to update the camera, but I click update it ‘triggers’ the update then nothing happens and the box reappears. We got the arlo baby monitor to believe it or not monitor our baby and so far it’s been nothing short of a nightmare, it flickers on live stream, we have to keep resetting it, it’s been shocking. On the iPhones to be fair it hasn’t been as much of an issue, on the Samsung tablet however it’s been awful. Now thanks to the apps lack of being able to update the firmware it’s not worse than awful it’s unusable. Does anybody have any idea on how I can force the update through on it? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @jfrench

You can reboot the Arlo baby and the new update should push through soon. Make sure to pull the power plug and have the battery power toggled off on the bottom of the unit. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @jfrench

You can reboot the Arlo baby and the new update should push through soon. Make sure to pull the power plug and have the battery power toggled off on the bottom of the unit. 

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Same issue here.  I tried the firmware update in the app (Android), and after about 25 seconds, I get another prompt to "Update your camera's firmware now".  In the meantime, the camera won't work until the update goes through.  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Retired_Member

Per my previous post "You can reboot the Arlo baby and the new update should push through soon. Make sure to pull the power plug and have the battery power toggled off on the bottom of the unit." 

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Thanks. That worked.  However, if that is the process to make firmware updates go through, then why not include that instruction in the app or elsewhere in support.  Speaking of support, your Contact Us link returns a 404 Error Page Not Found.

jfrench
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks, that did work. I am in agreement, if that’s the process or even a way of troubleshooting a firmware upgrade issue, it would be helpful to have that readily available in the app? And if it is iin the app should be made clearer?
Thank you
Osk
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello, do you have any further tips to push the update through?
I have been trying since it was released but can’t get it to complete. I’ve tried numerous reboots/power cycles etc, tried on the app, web portal, iOS, Android.
Thanks.
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation