Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Christian1313
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the arlo baby setup with an iPhone and Fire HD 8.

Fire HD8 is the latest model.

All devices up to date with current software.

Problem:

Notifications (for movement and sound detection) appears on my iPhone but not on the Fire HD 8.

Is there any aditional setup needed on the Fire HD 8?

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you checked the app permissions? Maybe the notifications setting is disabled.

Christian1313
Aspirant
Aspirant

The App has all permissions for Notifications.

Does anyone has a similar setup with iOS device + Fire HD with working Notifications?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Christian1313,

Is the Arlo mobile app logged in and running on the Fire HD 8 device? To receive push notifications you must be logged in.

JamesC

Christian1313
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes Arlo App is running and I am logged in.

Currently i tried to remove the iPhone from the setup.

Now I have only the Arlo Baby and the Fire HD8. The Motion detection work, all events are recorded

but no notification is send to the Fire HD8.

To clarify i have not installed the Arlo Alex Skill only the App.

Does any one has Notification working on a Amazon Fire HD8?

Christian1313
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tested now only with Arlo babycam and Fire HD. Notifications do not work.

ChicoQuente
Tutor
Tutor

We purchased an Arlo Baby and a Fire HD 7 to use as our baby monitor. Upon setting it up today we are having the exact same issues as you. We have tried both of our iPhones and the Fire HD 7. The Fire HD is intended to be a tablet dedicated for use as a baby monitor screen and never leave the home. We are able to receive all notifications on our iPhone 7 Plus and iPhone 8 Plus but we can not get any notifications for sound or motion detection on our Fire HD 7. All pieces of hardware are up to date firmware and software wise. As we specifically bought this combination for our monitor we are very disappointed to see that the notifications are not working at all. I have spent the last hour going through every single setting on the Fire HD itself and the Arlo app and I am certain I have all settings/permissions set correctly.

Any advice on how to get this working would be greatly appreciated.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@ChicoQuente

Have you contacted customer support regarding this issue you are experiencing? Did they give you a case number?

ChicoQuente
Tutor
Tutor

@ShayneS I have tried 2 days in a row to start a live chat but in multiple browsers now nothing happens when I click start chat. I don't have time to sit on a phone call and can not find a way to email. Is there an email method of communication for support?

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation