Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Baby Data Usage Since App Change in September

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
DWood
Follower
Follower

Ever since the forced switch to the new app the data usage for my home Comcast internet has shot through the roof to the point we are now having to pay overage fees. Nothing else within the house has changed from a data/ streaming perspective and we are using the same camera and iPads we always have used. The spike coincides perfectly with the forced change from Arlo Legacy to the new Arlo app at the end of September (see monthly summary below). Additionally, the livestream is remarkably more delayed than it was on the previous app which makes it pretty obvious that all video is now going through the server and no longer contained to your router/ network when both devices are on the same network like Arlo claims to be the case. I'm about to ditch the camera completely and get an old-school baby monitor without Wi-Fi if I can't get this fixed. I've now payed more in overage fees to Comcast than the camera even cost.

Anybody else experiencing this? Any explanation Arlo?

USING ARLO LEGACY APP

July 2019 - 311 GB

August 2019 - 405 GB

September 2019 - 662 GB

FORCED SWITCH TO NEW ARLO APP

October 2019 - 1072 GB

November 2019 - 1238 GB

December 2019 - 1199 GB

January 2020 - 1072 GB (estimate based on current pace)

PS - The new app is truly garbage in more ways than just this. It often won't connect upon login, auto-logs us out all the time in the middle of the night while we're sleeping, no longer allows multiple accounts to connect at the same time, etc. Absolute junk.

1 REPLY 1
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @DWood

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation