Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
marcusl
Star
Star

Hi Arlo Baby Users, 

Not sure how to start this thread but to start with I am a big advocate for the Netgear brand. Not only do we have the Arlo Baby, but also have Arlo Cameras and also run a mesh network using Netgear Orbi. 

We bought the Arlo Baby as we just had a new born - and having these other products could trust the Netgear Brand - BOY WERE WE WRONG. 

Since buying the Arlo Baby, we have consistent black screens, static images, pixelisation and the app crashing and not reconnecting. The primary function of a Baby Monitor is exactly to do that - monitor a baby. We've had countless screaming baby with Arlo either crashed or non-responding/non-functioning. This isn't the cheapest baby monitor out there, so I was expecting alot more from the Netgear brand as our other products function seamlessly. To be honest, our Netgear Arlo Cameras are more reliable than the Arlo Baby. 

We always run the most up to date firmware and also have our phones versions and app versions updated. 

It seems I am not the only one with these frustrations however it also seems Netgear is not committed to get any of these issues fixed. I generally don't like to comment on these issues, however, enough is enough and the more vocal we can get as a community MAYBE, just MAYBE Netgear might actually listen. 

As mentioned, I'm a massive advocate, but this product just DOES NOT live up to the Netgear name. I would expect the odd failure here and there, but even as late as this afternoon while bub was asleep, i've had to restart the app 5 times due to the static image issues. I have perfect wifi on 5GHZ network at full bars - so its not a signal issue. 

So Netgear - what are you going to do to help resolve this? 

Thanks in advance

Marcus

2 REPLIES 2
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you contacted Customer Support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

marcusl
Star
Star

Hi ShayneS, 

not sure how support can help me fix this - as i've tried everything to try and resolive including a full factory reset. If you have a look at the community thread about Arlo baby, it seems there are hundreds of people complaining about the same thing. 

Pretty poor repsonse your part - as Netgear knows there is a PROBLEM with these devices. 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation