Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Baby Camera OFF, but there is still SOUND

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
jmw08
Aspirant
Aspirant

This an UNACCEPTABLE bug I just discovered. When you turn OFF the Arlo Baby camera while another phone has the video streaming, the stream will turn off and display "The camera is currently disabled..." BUT there is still sound. Our Arlo Baby is located in our master bedroom so this is a huge security and privacy issue that needs to be fixed ASAP. Does anybody else appear to have this issue? I'm able to recreate this problem on two different iPhones running the most recent Arlo app.

Make: iPhone
Model: 8, X and 11
IOS app version: 2.17(441)
Camera firmware: 1.9.13.0_815

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
jmw08
Aspirant
Aspirant

To provide an update for whoever may be following this issue or is experiencing the same thing. I contacted Arlo support who advised that I factory default the device and will send out a replacement if the problem persists. Anyway, I defaulted the unit which "fixed" the issue for a few hours, but the problem returned later in the day. I no longer have confidence in this monitor (hardware/software) and returned it to Costco for a full refund. This was the last straw of several shortcomings I've put up with since owning this for less than 3 months.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation