Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Baby Apple TV Issues

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
redbeardjake
Initiate
Initiate
Unfortunately, the Arlo Baby continues to disappoint. I got the product the day it came out for our first baby. We didn’t use it much the first few months because my daughter was in a bassinet in our room but we recently tried putting her in the crib. Have Arlo Baby plugged in and has 2-3 second delay on our iPhones. No biggie... I go to put on the Arlo app on my Apple TV so my wife can glance at the baby a few times during the transition to the crib. My Apple TV has a hardlined connection to my router getting around 200mbps. Initially after opening the app there is the expected 3 second delay. 10 seconds goes by and then the refresh icon in the middle of the screen starts appearing every seconds. The delay increases to 6 seconds. Wait another minute and the delay goes to 18 seconds.

I’ve force closed the app and reset the Apple TV multiple times. Every time I experience the same situation. I was an early adopter for this because I thought Arlo would really knock it out of the park but now I’m in a situation where I can’t get $300 back and I have a monitor that has roughly 16+ second delay with no network connection issues.

Hoping someone can help me out. Really feel like I was scammed....
1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

redbeardjake,

The 2-3 second delay you describe on your iPhones is normal behavior. Does the increasing delay only occur when streaming using apple TV? What version of the Arlo app do you have installed?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation