Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Baby Air Quality monitoring is inconsistent and concerning.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
neilanderson
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have been using the Arlo Baby for a few weeks.

It kicks off near-constant air quality abnormalities. 

The room is well ventilated, there are no obvious sources that are making the air quality abnormal... No cooking, no gas, no household or cosmetic sprays etc... Yet the air quality warning is constantly alerting me to abnormal or very abnormal air quality.

What's more frustrating, is the total lack of further insight from Arlo - I believe you can pay a monthly fee to activate a heightened air quality sensor in the device - that in itself, having for this expensive device in the first instance, is breathtakingly snide and manipulative on Arlo's part. There's absolutely no way to find out exactly what the abnormality is, other than the fact it supposedly exists..

we are moments from taking the camera down, and sending it back. The near-constant alerts are not only tiresome, but utterly maddening, when you seemingly can't do anything to avoid or solve the issue.

To test it, we've had the camera sat near an open window, we've also recalibrated... that seems to work for a couple of hours, and then it starts to kick off the alerts again. There's absolutely no consistency to it. 

Has anyone had similar experiences? Anyone managed to figure out what's actually going on?

and though I'm loathe to ask, is the Arlo Smart subscription anything more than an extortion? 

1 REPLY 1
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @neilanderson

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation