Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Baby Air Quality Sensor

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Cg2985
Follower
Follower
We recently purchased an Arlo Baby for our nursery. We followed the instructions for calibration and everything was working great. We suddenly started to get notifications of very abnormal air quality. I figured it was from painting the nursery, so we re-did the calibration process. Everything was ok again until the other day when the readings started to jump again. Again we did the calibration, but moved it to a different room with a ceiling fan and opened a few windows. That was yesterday and we again have the abnormal readings. We’ve never had a CO2 alarm go off and I’m thinking it’s just the Arlo. I have since turned off notifications, but let it to collect data.
2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

After you power on Arlo Baby for the first time, it takes about 24 hours for the air quality sensor to finish calibrating and establishing a Normal baseline measurement of your room’s air quality. During this time, place the camera in a well-ventilated area where it has access to fresh air.

It sounds like the baseline measurement could be off (due to the painting) and you may need to recalibrate the Arlo Baby air quality sensors.

For more information on how this works and recalibration, take a look here: How do Arlo Baby’s air sensors work, and how do I interpret the readings?

JamesC

Jnadj
Tutor
Tutor

How many people get the message about there is something unusual in the air?

Pretty much anytime someone is in the room for 15 minutes or the room heats up with no windows I get the message.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation