Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Baby ABC1000 - "Device Not Found" - Won't Register to the Arlo Application

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
CrozierSam
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi There, 

I have just got a new Arlo Baby camera provided as the last was faulty after four months of use. Upon opening, I have found that this "new" camera will not successfully register against my Arlo account. I am able to follow the instructions of the application registration process via QR code, however when I do so, the device doesn't get past the discovery process. It kind of hangs and then eventually times out. 

I would also like to point out that I have tried the following: 
Made sure the same WIFI network is being used by the device and camera

The chime is heard when the QR registered

I have tried resetting the camera

What am I suppose to do next? I am trying to contact Support but this page seems misleading as no chat resources are available. 

I have found so many similar cases of this, (https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Baby/Arlo-baby-device-not-being-discovered-Had-reset-device-and-b...) where users are unable to register their Arlo Baby cameras within their smartphone applications. Why are so many people having the same problem? If I can't get this solved, I will have to take up further with the governing bodies as I feel like I have been let down as a consumer. 

Thanks, 

2 REPLIES 2
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @CrozierSam

I have escalated your case & customer support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. I have provided your case number here. 41608005

CrozierSam
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @ShayneS , 

Thanks for following this up. I have also called through to the support team today, who have created case number #41609484 for this issue. 

Additional steps attempted on the phone with no resolution of the issue:

• Hard reset of the Arlo Baby Camera (Hold reset button for 30 seconds)
  • Sync using the Router WPS button
  • Disabling Router Firewall

If someone can get this resolved for me as soon as possible that would be great. 

Regards, 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation