Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
CDM1
Guide
Guide

Product: Purchased a brand new Arlo Baby mid July 2017. HW version 6, S/N 50C176SW442C6, FW 1.8.0.31_13810

Problem: The device is not detecting any sound. I do not recall if the device ever detected sound.  No sound is audible on Android or PC during live view or when setting the Android app to constantly play.

Troubleshooting: 

• done a complete factory reset by holding in the reset button on the side of the device for 10 seconds
  • Viewed the live stream on both Android and PC
  • deleted and reinstalled the Android app. 
  • Have viewed the live stream via wifi (on the same network) and via cellular data
  • Have removed and resynced the camera via the Android app and also via PC
  • Have set the camera to notify only when detecting audio and have not received any notifications when talking into the camera. 

Notes: There are 3 Arlo Q cameras on the same network and all are functioning correctly and continue to play and record audio.  All other features of the camera appear to be working correctly. 

This is obviously a potentially fatal failure for a baby monitor and my wife and I can no longer trust that the unit will work as it should! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CDM1
Guide
Guide

Hi. Thanks. I replaced the unit today. The new unit is working as expected. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Thanks4TheFish
Star
Star

Based upon the steps you have taken this sounds like a hardware failure to me. Can you return the ArloBaby and try another one? If the other sensors and camera is working but the audio is just not working and based upon everything you have tried I would say replace it.

CDM1
Guide
Guide

Hi. Thanks. I replaced the unit today. The new unit is working as expected. 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation