Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo App Crashes On "Always Listening" Mode

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
kiwigodss
Follower
Follower

Ever since the Arlo app update (or possibly the newest iOS update - happened around the same time so hard to pinpoint), "Always Listen" mode is faulty for me, and I don't know why. Yes, I know the icon changed with the app update (those few days with the Home Kit were fun), and that now if "always listen" is running, what you'll see is the head with the X next to it to indicate that you hit that to turn it off. So I know I'm using it properly, but when I lock my phone and leave it going, it only makes it about 10 minutes before the app crashes and the sound is gone (at most). My lock screen will still show that the audio is playing, and at the correct volume, but no sound is actually coming out, and when I unlock the phone, the Arlo app has crashed and I have to restart it. Can anyone help? It's really bad that I can't count on the app to keep running while I sleep anymore! It's impossible to use this as a monitor if it's just going to cut out..

1 REPLY 1
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

kiwigodss,

What iPhone Do you have? What version of iOS & Arlo Mobile App are you running on your iphone? 

Have you tried to reboot your phone & remove & re-install the Arlo Mobile App?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation