Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Check_Waas
Tutor
Tutor

Hi.

The Android app ver. 2.13 - 03-04-2020 crashs every time I open it in less than 10s on my Moto G7 Play (latest Motorola Android update). So I can't use my camera anymore on my phone.

Anyone more with this problem too? Will I have to wait months till the next update and pray for it work again on my phone?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

We've recently released a new version for the Arlo Android app, which is 2.13.1. You can read more about the latest version here: Arlo Android App - 2.13.1 - 13th March 2020

Try updating the app to the latest version and let us know if you still experience the issue.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The latest app is working fine here on 3 different devices. Try rebooting the phone and reinstalling the app.

Check_Waas
Tutor
Tutor

Reinstallled the app, rebooted the device and the problem continues.

See it in this video.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The Arlo development team is currently investigating reports on this issue where the Arlo Android app is crashing when live streaming the Arlo Baby. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

Check_Waas
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for your reply.

Waiting a solution, can't watch my baby anymore with my phone until it is fixed.

Hate app stores (android and apple) it would be so simple if they have a system of rollback to the previous version... But no... They force you to use only the latest release or nothing. 😡

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Check_Waas,

Could you try the following to see if this helps your issue?

1. Load the Arlo app
  2. Stop the live stream from starting
  3. Turn off the autoplay from your live stream
  4. Exit the app and re-open the app
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

We've recently released a new version for the Arlo Android app, which is 2.13.1. You can read more about the latest version here: Arlo Android App - 2.13.1 - 13th March 2020

Try updating the app to the latest version and let us know if you still experience the issue.

Check_Waas
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, it fixed my problem.

Updated and it won't crash anymore, but it started to have some glitchs on the interface, like not showing the maximaze the video, not showing video status (live), and after navigate in the app tabs it showed a black screen on the video place.

Restarted the device and now it is working flawless.

Thanks for the fast response.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation