Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ScottYoung
Aspirant
Aspirant

To fix weak WiFi issues, I purchased a 3-node Google Wifi setup.  I tried switching the Wifi using the instructions, but that didn't work so I deleted the device from my account and tried to re-add.  When I connect with the QR code, the baby monitor has a solid blue light, appears as "arlo-babycam" on Google Wifi, and it has sent a few hundred KB of data over the network.  However, neither the app on my Android phone (a Samsung Note 5, Android 7.0) nor my computer (Windows 10, via Chrome) can "discover" the device.  The "Discovering device" page times out after several minutes.  From my Windows laptop, I can ping arlo-babycam and I get good responses, but the app simply fails to discover.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ScottYoung
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got it to work.  Apparantly, I wasn't holding the Factory Reset button for a full 10 seconds.  Once I performed the reset, it connected fine.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

When you install a new device the phone must be on the same network... Maybe your phone/computer are on a diff node?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
ScottYoung
Aspirant
Aspirant

I unplugged all but 1 node (the internet-connected one) and it does the same thing.  I had also tried to connect to the old access point, and the app still couldn't discover.  Throughout the night, Google Wifi recorded the camera as sending about 40kb/hour and sending 25kb an hour, so it's probably some low-level metadata and something is going wrong with it being discovered by my phone or computer.  I don't know if it's some multicast discovery protocol going wrong, or something on Netgear's cloud side is going wronge.  Next I will try to capture PCAPs with Wireshark and see if I can diagnose the issue using the protocol data.

ScottYoung
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got it to work.  Apparantly, I wasn't holding the Factory Reset button for a full 10 seconds.  Once I performed the reset, it connected fine.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation