Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Always Listening mode shuts off

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation
Jbrew
Tutor
Tutor
Always listening shuts off. iOS 11.0.1. Latest app version. iPhone 6s.

Audio does not resume after locking phone. Tried all normal "IT 101" steps.

This camera and its supporting software continue to be the highest cost, lowest performing baby monitor on the market.
15 REPLIES 15
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

lrperry,

Have you tried to update your iPhone to the latest iOS 12.1 & test again?

Laochsner
Aspirant
Aspirant
I updated to new version of iOS and it is not working for me either. I posted about this as well on another thread. This issue renders my baby monitor useless once again. Very frustrating for a parent
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Jbrew, Laochsner

When you set the always listening mode to ON, do you see the face logo with an ( X ) on it. For the always listening to be activated you will need to see the logo with the x.

Jbrew
Tutor
Tutor
Ok that solved it. Why would an X mean “on”?
Laochsner
Aspirant
Aspirant
This actually does not work for me. I am updated on iPhone iOS and the app version 2.6.1.
ntennyson
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same issue. Updated my iPhone to the newest software and my Arlo Baby is running the latest firmware. When I click the head logo to show “x” (assuming that will allow me to have the audio on while my phone is locked), the audio shuts off after about 5 minutes. Then when I go back to the app, “Getting status” or “Signing In” appears, like the app has booted me or froze. This has been occurring since the Arlo firmware update a couple weeks ago. Really disheartening and frustrating for parents who want to have the audio on at night to tend to their child.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

ntennyson,

What version of iOS is your iPhone running? what firmware is your Arlo Baby on? Have you tried to remove & re-install the Arlo Mobile App and reboot the Arlo Baby?

ntennyson
Aspirant
Aspirant
Well I was going to say that it was working (yay)! But after three consistent nights of the always listening working, the last two nights are right back to where we were at with it shutting off after a couple minutes.
Running firmware 1.8.5.3_21226 and iOS 12.1.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

ntennyson,

Due to the amount of issues described I have opened a case for you. I will contact you via private message with further information.

Gnocchi
Aspirant
Aspirant
This is happening to me, too. Just started happening last night after 2 weeks of working properly. The always listening audio feed just stops while my phone is idle.

I have the latest iOS, app version, and firmware updates.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @Gnocchi,

Make sure that the face logo on the bottom-right corner of your live view stream shows an "X" in order for the "Always Listening" to be activated.

Gnocchi
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, I know that. The problem is that after a little while, the audio feed stops even though always listening was properly activated..
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

What device(s) are you using to use the Always Listening mode?

Zim15
Aspirant
Aspirant
The listening mode on my Arlo baby monitor continues to shut off too. This is getting beyond frustrating and I’m considering finding another product if it’s not resolved.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

We recently released a new firmware update for the Arlo Baby. Try to see if this fixes the problem. You can read here about the firmware update: Arlo Baby - 1.8.6.2_22781 - 6th December 2018

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation