Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ABC1000 Discontinued

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Retired_Member
Not applicable
Afternoon

I understand that the Arlo baby is EOL which is a shame as what the device does was spot on.

I already invested in one arlo baby, was about to invest in another, now I'm worried due to this camera being internally located at my house when will security patching stop for the device?

Anyone have any idea when this will fully end patch support?

Andy
1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Tho it may be discontinued, ( which I haven't heard ), Arlo has been supporting legacy cameras for a long time after EOL.  Example is the Arlo wireless cams ( which were out several years before the Baby cam ) which still get updates to this day.

IMO, if you like it that much and can obtain one, I'd go with it.

Also note the Ess Indoor camera does have a time out issue at 30 mins , TBMK

EDIT:

did more research;

see note below

JessicaP
 Arlo Moderator
‎2021-08-09 12:21 PM

Hi craigmamakin,

We are able to confirm that Arlo Baby is being discontinued. While there isn’t a direct baby-monitor replacement, Arlo has a new Essential Indoor Camera which will provide superior in-home smart home security. The Essential Indoor Camera does allow users to easily monitor babies, as well as pets, elderly family members and more inside the home, all while preserving their privacy. The contrasting design differentiates the shield from the camera face so users can easily distinguish at-a-glance whether the privacy mode is activated, or the camera is monitoring and recording video.

To learn more about the Arlo Essential Indoor Camera, feel free to read more here:

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation